Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(newb) Astrology, astronomy, music of the spheres etc

Options
  • 12-12-2007 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have never posted here and know very little about astronomy, so please go easy on me!

1cosmicharmony.gif

I have recently come across the notion of certain ratios in our solar system which appearantly have paralells with the laws of musical harmony, as discussed/postulated by Pythagoras and Kepler (I think)

There is a lot to read about this, but before I read any more, I was hoping someone here might be able to explain the concept to me in pretty basic English!

This is of interest to me for two reasons.

Firstly, I had always considered everything related to astrology to be mumbo jumbo, but have recently realised that some of astrology is based on astronomic fact.

Secondly, as an atheist (some would claim I'm agnostic) I would like to know more about any inexplicable cosmic mysteries, especially those which show astounding coincidence.

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

That is quite a broad area. Numbers, ratios etc. go into many areas of science, like plants, for example, and patterns of growth being related to Fibonacci numbers. Be a little more specific. For starters, tell us what you do understand so far and give us some examples of the astounding coincidences and astronomic facts that you are talking about.

Advertisement