Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation and other question about Galway...

Options
  • 12-12-2007 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi All,

I might arrive in Galway Friday 11th of December at night.
    I wonder if you have any tip for a cheap hotel?

At the travel agency over here I'm offered a quite expensive hotel (about 80 euros a night I think), I hope I can better than that hey!

I'm going to stay for a while...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I might arrive in Galway Friday 11th of December at night.

Which Year ? :D I'm going to assume you mean the 14th ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭super-lloyd

Oops.. :o I mean January, as in Friday the 11th of January (2008), in 1 month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

80 isn't that expensive for a Galway weekend night, especially if it's city centre. You may be able to negotiate a lower rate since it's off season and you'll be staying a while. I think the Western Hotel is one of the cheaper ones that's right downtown, I don't think Jurys Inn is that pricey either.

You may want to check out B&B or hostels as well. As far as hostels, I can tell you Sleepzone and Kinlay House are both solid, clean places - and you can prob get a single en suite for like 30 a night if you book now. I know Kinlay House also has weekly rates, but it's prob for dorm living.

As a warning, this city often sells out on weekends, even when there's not necessarily much happening - student groups come here to party, etc. Book your room ahead of time. Also, anything cheaper and downtown is likely to be noisy on the weekend, bring your earplugs. Kinlay/Sleepzone aren't party hostels per se but they'll have like 200+ drunken people each, and the cheaper a hotel downtown, the more likely they'll be booking hen/stag parties et al for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RyanAsh

to be honest thats not a bad price for a friday night, try Flannerys Best Western or the travelodge for cheap hotel prices. probably about 60/70 quid for a room for the night. if you want cheaper than that you're talking a B&B where its gonna be about 30quid per person sharing but if you're taking a room as a single it'll be about 45quid ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭super-lloyd

excellent JustMary, thanks! :D

Advertisement