Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anthrax hire new vocalist.

• 12-12-2007 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

About time they got someone in. Should never have messed John Bush around in the first place for Joey Belladonna.

All Belladonna saw was $ signs from a reunion tour, and then had no interest in recording new stuff.

Dan Nelson is onboard now. Good singer, very Stone Sour-ish in his style, and has a good range. Hopefully a new album will follow sooner rather than later, and Dan will make the slot his own, like John Bush did on The Sound Of White Noise.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page/classicrock?entry=anthrax_hire_new_singer_glenn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Eeep, gonna try and remain optimistic about this one. For me Joey Belladona was the best Anthrax vocalist :/

Does this Dan guy have any previous work? Never heard of him before. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Jesus christ. I am a huge Anthrax fan but I think I'll be boycotting this. Never should have fecked Bush around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd like to hear this new guy. Bush was a much better fit than Belladonna, but is it a case now of Bush not wanting back in or the band not wanting him back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

The former.

It's a great big ****ing mess and a damn shame because Bush was the right man for the job, but I'll give the new guy a chance before I totally lose interest. WCFYA was one of their best albums, hopefully they can come close to that standard with the new one.

Still no mention of a new guitarist, shame they screwed Caggiano because he was a fantastic player as well as producer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Doctor J wrote: »
    Still no mention of a new guitarist, shame they screwed Caggiano because he was a fantastic player as well as producer.

Caggiano's still in the band. Scott Ian said it was Rob who found the new singer and all. I read today that they're currently writing songs for a new album

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

they f**ked up getting rid of john bush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Anthrax, only discovering the joys now (for shame I know)

Completely addicted to Madhouse. Temporary favourite song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

Its a pity the band are so disorganised at the moment, or where for the past few months, especially with no vocalist and guitarist. Once they get it all sorted they should be on the road to another brilliant album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

i never bothered with anthrax.
    Where should i start?
    Should i avoid any albums?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

i never bothered with anthrax.
    Where should i start?
    Should i avoid any albums?

The Sound Of White Noise
    We Have Come For You ALL
    Persistence Of Time
    Among The Living

First two have John Bush on vocals, second two have Joey Belladonna. They would be my four favourite Anthrax albums, although I have a major soft spot of Spreading The Disease.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

Among the Living

buy it, the rest will follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

WHCFYA
    Volume 8 The Threat is Real
    Sound of White noise

Bush albums, I like em, I prefer john Bush, though i also like Belladonna: attack of the killer Bs, Persistence of time, and among the living.

there's a good John Bush era live dvd as well, and the album "greater of two evils" has bush singing belladonna songs.

Advertisement