Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your most controversial opinions here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

All Irish supporters of football who support an English team first are complete tossers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

West ham fans are the best fans in the whole english football league, I dont give a toss what anyone else says! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    West ham fans are the best fans in the whole english football league, I dont give a toss what anyone else says! :D
    Whoooooo.
    Billy Bonds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I would dearly love to watch a riot unfold in Dublin city, all the while I am standing safe atop a tall tower in the midst, rifle in hand,gleefully watching the scene unfold..

I vividly remeber as a kid, I'd get lolz by doing "create a map" in Age Of Empires 2, making a palisade to wall in large groups of villagers and then attacking with a siege onager. Oh mercy I loved seeing the bodies crumple into large mounds.

Then I'd maker bigger and bigger palisades, split into different cells and having my onager attack randomly, always leaving one encalve alive, which was decided randomly as I liked the thought of false hope they were imparted with. Also they'd feel tortured by the thought of being the only cell left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Terry wrote: »
    Whoooooo.
    Billy Bonds.

Terry! Do not tell me you're a hammers fan now!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

IMO most wormen deserve their periods, evil wenches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

I hate when foreign people* or people without good english work with telephones

*please note- not a racist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

c0rk3r wrote: »
    There all failed states so its just easier to say Africa, which encompasses all countries instead of naming them individually.

Make generalizations much?,The African continent was raped of its resources and people for hundreds of years and its resources are still been abused by rich country's.
    Most African country's only have independence 30-50 years and some less and in case you you didn't know Ireland wasn't exactly a haven in the 40s or 50s and the main reason we are as good as we are now is because we got a huge amount of help and funding from the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

gerky wrote: »
    the main reason we are as good as we are now is because we got a huge amount of help and funding from the EU.

I still would have preferred a song written by Midge Ure.

Pigman II wrote: »
    I still would have preferred a song written by Midge Ure.

But I am Midge Ure and I have my suspicions your gelfof Ya limelight stealing b***ard.

• Advertisement

But I am Midge Ure and I have my suspicions your gelfof Ya limelight stealing b***ard.

I've no time for this conjecture. Just give me your fúcking retorts.

O you'd like that wouldn't ya I'm on to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

jimbo78 wrote: »
    I dont believe us humans are responsible for global warming

we arent its practically fact

im not pro american im anti-dictatorship altho people see this as one and the same

i think nothing should be out of bounds when it comes to comedy.

i think the boards censorship is a joke

i think the age of consent should be lowered

i think hash should be legal

rape and statutory rape are not the same thing and statutory rapists should not be treated the same as rapists

i think people who complain about txt speak are ****ing morons

hitler was a genius........he just happened to be psychotic aswell

if its a question of righteousness or peace ill pick righteousness every time(roosevelt)

the cheap ketchup u buy in the large red containers and is served in most pubs etc is the nicest ketchup u can get

these are only the things iv recently talked about on boards too i cant sleep right now so im sure ill think of more

O you'd like that wouldn't ya I'm on to you.

There's people dying in cyberspace right now. Just give us your forking postings!

I'm ignoring ^you^ .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i believe the death penalty should be reintroduced.

I also believe that going to war in persuit of peace is like fvcking for virginity.

I also believe this thread is full of opinionated assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Smoking is effing DISGUSTING and fags should be made illegal!

Fat people in fast food restaurants or in supermarkets piling their trollies with chocolate/biscuits/crisps are HORRIBLE!

I hate reeeeeeeally SLOW walkers when I'm in a hurry!

ozzyoh wrote: »
    fags should be made illegal!

Damn right, all gay'ness should be made illegal. Except the lesbeans of course :p

Its my unreserved opinion that this thread will be the bestest ever post whore thread in the history of the univeral :D

(post count up +1).

• Advertisement

Crime is bad and I wish there was less of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I know people who took cocaine this weekend and didn't die:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Rob_l wrote: »

That reminds me - people who take drugs are STUPID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

I hate the English soccer team and all other English national teams. I hate when it is world cup time and everyone starts supporting them - dont, they're english for gods sake.

Alcohol should be banned. I love beer and wine but I believe it causes more social problems in this country than anythig else.
    Smoking is effing DISGUSTING and fags should be made illegal!

I agree, gayness is wrong
    I vividly remeber as a kid, I'd get lolz by doing "create a map" in Age Of Empires 2, making a palisade to wall in large groups of villagers and then attacking with a siege onager. Oh mercy I loved seeing the bodies crumple into large mounds.

Then I'd maker bigger and bigger palisades, split into different cells and having my onager attack randomly, always leaving one encalve alive, which was decided randomly as I liked the thought of false hope they were imparted with. Also they'd feel tortured by the thought of being the only cell left.

I dont know what this means, but I do know what a tracker mrotgage is:)

Rob_l wrote: »

But its my opinion that people who take cocaine are like mobil phones, one bad line and they're dead :D

ozzyoh wrote: »
    That reminds me - people who take drugs are STUPID.

People who dont take drugs are stupid

• Advertisement

Mairt wrote: »
    But its my opinion that people who take cocaine are like mobil phones, one bad line and they're dead :D

Indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I believe this is most short sighted and ineffectual punishment ever dreamed up.

I'm also fascinated at how I can be appalled and disgusted by about 50% of PeakOutput's list, and agree wholheartedly with the other 50% :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

tallaght01 wrote: »
    I believe this is most short sighted and ineffectual punishment ever dreamed up.

I disagree.
    It's 100% effective in stopping reoffences.
    I'd definitely vote for both the death penalty and corporal punishment.
    If skangers were given 10 lashes of the whip for anti-social offenses like robbery, graffiti etc, we could transform Irish society overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

PeakOutput wrote: »

the cheap ketchup u buy in the large red containers and is served in most pubs etc is the nicest ketchup u can get

Chef is the best ketchup, hands down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

JæKæ wrote: »
    Chef is the best ketchup, hands down

Yes.

Pretty much everything Chef make are superior to other brands.

Their vinegar is great too.

Chef brown sauce is the business.

• Advertisement

I disagree.
    It's 100% effective in stopping reoffences.
    I'd definitely vote for both the death penaltyh
    Or, you could look to America where spiralling crime rates mean not only are innocent men sentences to death (Famous case of Illinois University) and also that crimes rates seemed to be unaffected whatsoever by whether a state had a death penality or not. California was the example used, but I forget where exactly I read it.
    and corporal punishment.
    If skangers were given 10 lashes of the whip for anti-social offenses like robbery, graffiti etc, we could transform Irish society overnight.

Or go back to medieval times where corporal punishment was always used and crime stayed at relatively similar levels unless real laws, courts and effective keepers of the peace were brough it)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lynnlegend

is rudolf at the front becaues he is disabled and santa is trying to be pc

and kate french her talent was been good looking she was born hot so are thosands of women she is not a one off not nearly

I loath fat people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I loathe skinny people, throw them a sandwich and make that weird al song 'eat it' their anthem:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

goslie wrote: »
    I hate the English soccer team and all other English national teams. I hate when it is world cup time and everyone starts supporting them - dont, they're english for gods sake.

Eh?!!? Where in Ireland have you met Irish people supporting Ingerland in a tournament? You would find more of them in Scotland and Argentina, and that is truly saying something.

Damn right about the ketchup, that generic dark red bottle of pub/eat-in chipper ketchup has more of a kick to it for some reason.

And wasnt there more sit down and eat in chippers way back when? Now its all paper bag eat outside bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

I loath fat people

I wholeheartedly endorse your opinion. Fatness is unnecessary. A little bit of extra weight fair enough, its a lot of work staying in shape for most people, but at some point how do people not think, I'm disgusting, I'll exercise and diet.

Lazy lazy lazy people. No need to be fat. No excuse for it either for the vast majority (yes I know some people have gland problems and such, thats fair enough, sad really)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Anyone who receives 10 convictions after they turn 18, no matter how minor the crime, is executed.

Sex offenders = mandatory castration.

damo wrote: »
    Anyone who receives 10 convictions after they turn 18, no matter how minor the crime, is executed.

Sex offenders = mandatory castration.

Too harsh. 3 strikes for violent/sexual crimes would be better, and 5 for robbery (unarmed, armed = violent)

10 times caught for downloading music, or other such victimless crimes should not result in execution!

Oh and totally agree on the castration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Too harsh. 3 strikes for violent/sexual crimes would be better, and 5 for robbery (unarmed, armed = violent)

10 times caught for downloading music, or other such victimless crimes should not result in execution!

Oh and totally agree on the castration

Well you make a good point, there are exceptions, such as downloading music obviously wouldnt count....whereas an act of violence might count as 2 points out of 10, sexual crime 4 points out of 10 etc.

The objective would be to eliminate scum who cost too much to keep in irish prisons and who have 60 ****ing convictions walking around mugging people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Penalty points ftw!

Get the point, not the prison sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I loath fat people
    Me too. When we run out of oil, we should liquidate them and use them to power our cars.

Nonces should be flogged to death in public, with everyone allowed to give them a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I think a large pecentage of you are self righteous twats.

oh8seven wrote: »
    I think a large pecentage of you are self righteous twats.

I am anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

The discovery channel is the best channel on telly these days.

People who say they have no sympathy for Katy French but do for her family are clowns who are trying to counteract the over the top media bull**** surrounding her death with their sh1tty anti-drugs high-horse views. She's a person who died tragically have a bit of decency at least to have some sympathy.

The Panel is one of the worst programmes on telly,
    Andrew Maxwell...shouting things in a wannabe working class Dublin accent isn't funny you ugly creep!
    Neill DeLamere............all i can say is..f/uck off you overgrown baby.
    This show has ruined Colin Murphy's good work in the Blizzard of Odd which was a brilliant programme.
    Why are all the female panelists on this stupid cnuts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Or, you could look to America where spiralling crime rates mean not only are innocent men sentences to death (Famous case of Illinois University) and also that crimes rates seemed to be unaffected whatsoever by whether a state had a death penality or not. California was the example used, but I forget where exactly I read it.

Or go back to medieval times where corporal punishment was always used and crime stayed at relatively similar levels unless real laws, courts and effective keepers of the peace were brough it)

It's true. The death penalty has never been shown to prevent crime.

Plus some of those executed have learning difficulties.

I don't know how some countries can live with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Katy French abused drugs and died for it. Simple as.

BTW: She was a fecking promotions girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

I loath fat people

I lick fat people. Even the ones I dont know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Downloading music without going through proper pay sites isn't illegal, only uploading it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The programme Lost is shiite,so is The Sopranos and Prison Break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Many Irish people today have become totally obsessed with money.

The current immigration system is a joke. Far too much far too soon. There needs to be a lot more control to prevent abuses and to prevent bad apples getting into the country. No wonder racism is on the increase here.

All junkie beggars should be rounded up and placed in an an extremely tough boot camp where they can be broken down and built up again as useful members of society.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement