Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your most controversial opinions here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Plus some of those executed have learning difficulties.

My controversial opinion of the day is that if you go around raping and murdering people then you should be executed regardless of any issues you might have.

Any d-grade celebrities who take part in reality tv shows should be deported to saudi arabia wearing 'mohamed was a pussy' t-shirts.

Simon cowell should have his own tv show called - 'I am a celebrity stranded in the middle of the ocean with 2 broken legs and no boat'

Public sector pay rises should be directly linked to customer satisfaction surveys.

Public sector pay cuts should be linked to the same c-sat surveys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Morlar wrote: »
    Simon cowell should have his own tv show called - 'I am a celebrity stranded in the middle of the ocean with 2 broken legs and no boat'

Just thinking to film that you could gently mount a HD video camera on a beam. The nail the beqam to his head for a constant reaction shot.

You could also have those unmanned military reconnasaince drones flying overhead for those long shots & to make it more interesting you could drop him a rescue line every now and then that isnt actually connected to anything. You could have tv call-ins and hours of endless fun right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think gays, women and ethnic minorities should have the same rights as the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Most gay men are shallow, self centered, egotistic b*stards who's whole identity is based soley around their cocks.

Men who own pitbulls/rothweillers/bulldogs are compensating for small penises

Guy's who use the phrase "I'm not gay I just like girls with cocks" are gay.

I wish I was never born.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

People who buy OK!, Heat and other celebrity magazines really need to get a life of their own rather than living vicariously through people who are mainly famous for being famous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

i hate attention seekers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

A lot of culchies have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Dubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

A lot of culchies have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Dubs.
    Is that it? Thats the most controversial opinion you have? Thats actually probably the least controversial opinion Pighead has ever heard. You should have jazzed it up a bit. Maybe said something like "A lot of culchies have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to non in-bred families" Or you could have just kept it simple and said "I hate girls"

You need to up the controversy levels in your life buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Mairt wrote: »
    Damn right, all gay'ness should be made illegal. Except the lesbeans of course :p

PMSL!! I meant cigarettes!

Pighead wrote: »
    Is that it? Thats the most controversial opinion you have? Thats actually probably the least controversial opinion Pighead has ever heard. You should have jazzed it up a bit. Maybe said something like "A lot of culchies have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to non in-bred families" Or you could have just kept it simple and said "I hate girls"

You need to up the controversy levels in your life buddy.

Ooh stinging, very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Vallium and stilnoct should be available over the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

You should only be allowed to be gay if your a woman who fancies another woman. Gay men should not be allowed at all. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

tribulus wrote: »
    Penalty points ftw!

Get the point, not the prison sentence.

Oh ffs that will just end up like a growing "badge of honour" the same as the ASBO is in the UK for louts seeing how many they can get...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Quality wrote: »
    Vallium and stilnoct should be available over the counter.

Stilnocht did nothing but give me freaky-ass hallucinations.
    Odd stuff to be sure.

Oz is the greatest TV program of all time and more people should watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

Kazobel wrote: »
    Most gay men are shallow, self centered, egotistic b*stards who's whole identity is based soley around their cocks.

Men who own pitbulls/rothweillers/bulldogs are compensating for small penises

I wish I was never born.

If your daddys rotweiller was gay

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

That's a phrase? :eek: Do people say stuff like that a lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I have a pitbull and in my opinion my penis is pretty average, but damn cute :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭REPSOC1916

I'm not racist but I cant stand black culture(rap, R&B ect) and I personally think that black people use slavery as an excuse for everything thats wrong with them. For example : "Oh we deal in drugs coz the white man made us". Same with the bloody Jews(I'm not anti-semitic); using the holocaust as an excuse for their action in Palestine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Every night, I get down and thank the multiverse that I am not ginger. In fact I cannot think of any of my family, aunts, uncles or first cousins that are lumped with gingervitus.

Thank God for my perfect genes!

Its not only my opinion, but FACT. There's no such place as 'Palestine' and that the 'Palestinian' people are in fact Jordanian, except the 'Palestinians' in Gaza who are in fact Egyptians.

Its my opinion based on personal experience that Arabs hate Palestinians only slightly less than they hate Israeli's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

It annoys me the way some blacks go on about how hard their culture was.

THey have had about 5-600 years of oppression, the Irish had 800 and the Jews 5000.
    The KKK was also vehemntly anticatholic and antisemetic
    The Irish were used as slaves in the caribbean by the brits
    AFAIK the blacks never had attempts to wipe them off the face of the planet the way the Jews did (Holocaust, pogroms, anti-jewish attacks in 17th century europe and medieval times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I hate Sea Food, how people can put that smelly sheite such as Tuna into their mouths is beyond belief and dont start yapping about "oh its good for you" etc etc so is Broccoli mate... i also hate sweetcorn yet every twat i see eating Tuna more or less always has Sweetcorn in the mix. Fvcking disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Steyr wrote: »
    I hate Sea Food, how people can put that smelly sheite such as Tuna into their mouths is beyond belief and dont start yapping about "oh its good for you" etc etc so is Broccoli mate... i also hate sweetcorn yet every twat i see eating Tuna more or less always has Sweetcorn in the mix. Fvcking disgusting.

I also hate Tuna. It smells of bitter sweet pig fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭dragonkin

I think some form of virus that caused most of the world to become infertile while leaving a select 1-2% alone would be great for the long term future of humanity as the earth cannot support the increasing number of people living here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Muhammed sucks! *runs very far away*

REPSOC1916 wrote: »
    I'm not racist but I cant stand black culture(rap, R&B ect) and I personally think that black people use slavery as an excuse for everything thats wrong with them. For example : "Oh we deal in drugs coz the white man made us". Same with the bloody Jews(I'm not anti-semitic); using the holocaust as an excuse for their action in Palestine.

Fu.cin blacks, if only they knew about our troubles which were alleviated in the irish rebelion which began in em 1916.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

The great famine was actually a genocide caused by the british government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭lisa.c

i think this thread is a fecking disgrace and the mods should all be banned for allowing it. never saw so much bull****e, racisim or ignorance in one spot. oh the shame of it, shame on u all!!!

but that is just my opinion which is what this thread is about!:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

lisa.c wrote: »
    i think this thread is a fecking disgrace and the mods should all be banned for allowing it. never saw so much bull****e, racisim or ignorance in one spot. oh the shame of it, shame on u all!!!

but that is just my opinion which is what this thread is about!:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Oooh.....controversial!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

lisa.c wrote: »

This is actually a clever move on the Mods part, they have one thread for all the moronic, half-arsed opinions/attempts at trolling so we don't get multiple threads with this kind of bollox in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Probably better that all the ignorant opinions and stupidity are in one place. Some of the stuff here is beyond belief. Would almost make Chuck Norris cry

The party pooper who killed this thread.

IMO party poopers are self hater's with genital warts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

The party pooper who killed this thread.

IMO party poopers are self hater's with genital warts.

Well then let me put another nail in its coffin. This thread is like most things in AH has good potential but gets taken over by gob****es.
    Half the posters are taking the piss but the other half actually believe the s**t their sprouting.

gerky wrote: »
    Half the posters are taking the piss but the other half actually believe the s**t their sprouting.

So you want to change people's beliefs?.

Buddy the whole thing about this thread is 'post your most controversial opinions' and thats what people are doing. No one is asking anyone else to believe the crap posted here, its all a fvcking laugh.

But if the thread or opinions posts here offend you report the post/posts or members to a Moderator and don't be bothering the rest of us with your morals.

I'm really 3 dwarves in an overcoat.

• Advertisement

I'm really 3 dwarves in an overcoat.

Thats not an opinion, its a FACT.

But if your a dwarf, how about 'a little head'? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I dont think women are terrible drivers but i love to say they are just to annoy them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Compulsory mandatory contraception for everyone and they don't get an exemption until the have to pay 300 quid for it after they have done a parenting course.

A maximum wage.

Kids taken away from alcoholic and junkie parents until they clean up thier act and have them given daily urine tests.

So you want to change people's beliefs?.

Buddy the whole thing about this thread is 'post your most controversial opinions' and thats what people are doing. No one is asking anyone else to believe the crap posted here, its all a fvcking laugh.

But if the thread or opinions posts here offend you report the post/posts or members to a Moderator and don't be bothering the rest of us with your morals.

My post has nothing to do with morals it's simply what I believe,and regarding changing peoples beliefs I never mentioned that.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Compulsory mandatory contraception for everyone and they don't get an exemption until the have to pay 300 quid for it after they have done a parenting course.

It is mad that you need a license to do most things except rare a child.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

I'm struggling to think of any way in which Ireland is better than England. Higher house prices maybe ?

I'm struggling to think of any way in which Ireland is better than England. Higher house prices maybe ?

Everyone likes us.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

i think scarlett Johannson looks like a fish

Nobody knows how to use a roundabout, esp. the people who paint the road markings

Every 'Traveller' should be shot on sight, the potential gains far out-weigh the loss of acceptable travellers

the leaving cert in its current format should be scrapped

No religion has any place in education

any public display of relgion should banned except, wearing crucifixes etc.

I think that the greens, labour and sinn fein are all bollocks

anyone wearing tracksuit bottoms tucked into socks without a bike should be shot on sight(Skangers)

9/11 was ****e, the americans are such gimps so 3000 peeps died? How many people have died in Iraq.

Kanye West is ****e

Any attempt of violence, damage or theft on your house, vehicle, family or your person gives you the right to kill the person/s, because without these things you have have nothing

there should be no state censorship on anything, what gives them the right to decide what I watch, play or listen to?

I have more, but they escape me at the minute. Sorry about the big post and if I offend any of you.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Africa is the root cause of all its own problems, past and present. Pissing about in the bush for milennia while everyone else developed military might was bound to go ass-ways sooner or later. Besides, most other places fared pretty well out of being colonised in the long term, Ireland included.
    And as for slavery, the ones that were lucky enough to be sold off to the Americas and eventually gain freedom generations down the line had it even worse back in Africa where they were already slaves. And the youth of today's North America should get over it already.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Most people are as nothing to me.
    Religion is for the weak of mind.
    I don't have any problems with killing people.
    For all the claims that humans have to intelligence, I find most of them to be painfully slow of mind.
    I think people should kill each other legally in unreal type death matches instead of prisons existing.
    Pi has an end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Vegetarians should be executed and fed to humans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Billions of Euro are being spent on improving our national roads. Bends are being straightened, roads are being widened. Unfortunately, all of this means f*ck all when some dozy b*stard decides to join all the previous dots to produce a thick white line telling you not to overtake.

This is a nice little fine-earner because the Government knows damn well that nobody is going to waste any of that extra space by not overtaking the twat in front who's driving along at 40kmph.

The line-painter and any driver who has never been out of second gear in his life should be turned into kebabs by inserting sharpened telegraph poles up their rectums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Bertie should be in Prison, us mere mortals would have been at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I hate the fucking swear word censor, as long as swears arnt used excessively then there shouldnt be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

galwayrush wrote: »
    Bertie should be in Prison, us mere mortals would have been at this stage.

you/yee already are

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement