Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your most controversial opinions here!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

all babies should be raised in pens somewhere west like sligo or mayo. Theres no reason to having them around, their not cute, they all look the bloody same, they are babies - arms, legs head, poops, eats, sleeps. Get them out of the way. At the very least ban them from public transport and never EVER let them on planes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Archimedes wrote: »
    Girl power is bull****, women could not rule this world, they would be ****ing awful at it.
    cos us blokes have done such a good job of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Nowt controversial about that opinion someuser. Would consider that near enough to a solid fact in fairness.

Unless you can prove God doesn't exist, it's awful hard to claim it's near enough to a solid fact.

Me? I just plain don't like fat people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

Unless you can prove God doesn't exist, it's awful hard to claim it's near enough to a solid fact.

We shouldn't have to prove that God doesn't exist. It's impossible to prove that something doesn't exist. It's up to theists to prove that he DOES exist. Which of course they never will. Apparently he just exists and that's all there is to it.
    To which I offer this gem:
    http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/images/Science_verses_faith_flowcharts.jpg

In summary, I hate religion. Although I find stocking up on alcohol the day before Good Friday, then getting wasted when everyone else can't a very gratifying experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Fat men/women disgust me,get to the gym you lazy fvcks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

right now I hate everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

People who stand for the national anthem are twats, it's a song ffs :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Having the national anthem played at the end of ur wedding afters is incredibly scangery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

People who have a problem with the national anthemn are really sad fúcks who just like to whine and bitch about everything and think they are cool by doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Anyone that doesn't meet the door policy of Lush (a nightclub in norn iron) shouldn't meet the door policy of life, I propose building a large gas chamber on the Royal Portrush Golf Club and bringing all the skangers to get the once over by the door crew there....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

I think only highly educamacated working people should be allowed to vote. Those on the dole should be barred.

Steyr wrote: »
    Fat men/women disgust me,get to the gym you lazy fvcks.

super skinny men/women disgust me - stop giving **** what other people think of you and eat something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I think people should have to take tests in order to be allowed to have children. I also think that some people should be genetic dead ends (scobes) and be neutered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Unless you can prove God doesn't exist, it's awful hard to claim it's near enough to a solid fact (...that believers are delusional).

Sorry mate but that's not how it works. The onus of proof is on he who makes the claim in the first place. People who believe in a fairytale god who listens to their prayers (and acts on them) are delusional. Simple as. Look up the meaning of the word delusion.

I'm with AttractiveNun, I do tend to think a bit less of people who believe in nonsensical religious gibberish and take the bible/quran literally. They are generally either stupid,ignorant or too dishonest/weak minded to face up to things as they are rather than inventing fairytales to make themseleves feel better. Religious fundamentalists on the other hand are invariably stupid and/or crazy.

I belive in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and you can't prove he doesn't exist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Edit: I'm done debating this point and deleted what I wrote here.

TBH I'm rather more sick of defending agnosticism from the narrow minded atheists than the fundamentalists.

This really isnt the place for debating the existance of God as it's been done before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

99% of kids on Ritalin/adderal/strattera would benifet far more from a good hard smack in the mouth everytime they act out.

people that hit thier kids as a primary form of punishment/control should have thier genitals removed and nailed to their forehead

the internet is chock full of hypocrites

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol

• Advertisement

ztoical wrote: »

haha good to be back on boards after the holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

slipss wrote: »
    99% of kids on Ritalin/adderal/strattera would benifet far more from a good hard smack in the mouth everytime they act out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrWCYF8WB9w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

well good for you, you and the cosmic jewish zombie believers are crackpots in my opinion.

that is clearly ludicrous. that's why i put my faith in a 2000 year old zombie carpenter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

that is clearly ludicrous. that's why i put my faith in a 2000 year old cosmic jewish zombie carpenter

fixed that for ya.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

People who eat sandwiches are scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

There should be a licence to procreate.

Families should pay extra tax per child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

There should be no child support. Have as many kids as you like as long as you're the one paying for them.

If you can't afford then you must eat them with HP sauce.

A lot of "african americans" couldnt pick out africa on a map.
    A lot of people who write on bus shelters cant even spell thier own names properly.
    Fat people are fat because they consume too many calories and dont burn them off.
    The jews are the only people seeking compensation for the second world war.
    People who brag about how much they earn are usually lying.

• Advertisement

cance wrote: »
    fixed that for ya.

ah yes how silly of me

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

Abortion should be legalised

Cocaine is great stuff

We have enough polish here now so we need to stop letting them in

I hate screaming children

Every decision the govt make that has significant impact (such as cancer services etc) should be put to public vote as the government just make a balls of everything

People should have to get a licence to have children, like with dogs and tvs (yes britney we are looking at you)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Every decision the govt make that has significant impact (such as cancer services etc) should be put to public vote as the government just make a balls of everything

Couldn't we just get the public to vote in the government and let them make the decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

Couldn't we just get the public to vote in the government and let them make the decisions?

No cos once they get in they just do what the f*ck they want. The people should still have the final say on major issues even when the govt is elected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

No cos once they get in they just do what the f*ck they want. The people should still have the final say on major issues even when the govt is elected.

Yeah thats right the people because they usually make such a good choice with the one choice they get(choosing government) lets put all the important issues to a bunch of people who dont know nor care about many of the facts involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Degsy wrote: »
    A lot of "african americans" couldnt pick out africa on a map.
    A lot of people who write on bus shelters cant even spell thier own names properly.
    Fat people are fat because they consume too many calories and dont burn them off.
    People who brag about how much they earn are usually lying.
    On the night of May 30/31 of the same year, Dublin's Northside was the target of a Luftwaffe air raid. Thirty-eight were killed and seventy houses were destroyed on Summerhill Parade, North Strand and the North Circular Road. The German government claimed the raid was an error and Germany paid compensation after the war.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emergency_%28Ireland%29#Dublin_bombing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Degsy wrote: »

Thanks to Terry I had missed this one

http://romnews.com/community/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=92
    MINORITIES-GERMANY: Gypsies Seek World War II Recompense

MINORITIES-GERMANY: Gypsies Seek World War II Recompense By Yojana Sharma BERLIN, Sep 24 (IPS) - German gypsies have pitched claims for equal recognition alongside Jews for injustices suffered at the hands of the Nazis during World War II. Known also as Roma and Sinti, they are drawing attention to racial persecution which began in the 1930's and continued through World War II when they were herded into concentration camps, experimented upon, forced into slave labour and put to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Films that make +2 times their budget upon box office/cinema release should be pirated.

Companies/people/media that push the petty illusion of perfection through beauty should be criminalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Cocaine is great stuff

:rolleyes:Moron:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Steyr wrote: »
    :rolleyes:Moron:rolleyes:

Infraction. ¬_¬

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

There's a few too many blacks and asians round my way.

Black girls smell bad, really really bad. I went to school with about 30 of them, I have a few female Nigerian freinds and I have stood beside several dozen black females on the street over the last few years. They all smell unpleasant, alot of them are very very nice people and some of them are kind of good looking but they all fukking stink. Black men for some reason usually don't smell bad, neither do white, oriental or aisan females, it's just the black ones, I don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Metallic_Sky**

GerryRyan wrote: »
    I don't see a use for our national language - you can call me a traitor or whatever, I don't care - it has had its day.
    We're living in the past ... myself, and most posters here, have wasted literally thousands of hours in the classroom learning (being force-fed) it. Hours that could have been put to better use.

Speak/Learn the cupla focail in your own time, if you feel the need - but if I could just wave my magic wand I'd let it die.

Learn a language that you can use tbh

Well said. The Irish language is dead, now lets bury it and let it (and us) rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I think Pink shirts on men are gay. No exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

this is my controversial opinion, boards.ie has gone to S+HIT i laughed when i saw the title of this thread because i knew exactly the type of ignorant trash that would be spewd...and i was spot on, you really couldn't make it up. just an excuse to spout narrow minded bile...its actually embarrassing to think there are irish people out there like this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Underarm hair on women can be sexy in a feminine sort of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

grasshopa wrote: »
    Firefox is a memory leaking piece of crap.

It might seem **** if you just install it and expect it to be great. How about doing a little bit of research, to find what is causing it to under-perform. Laziness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

this is my controversial opinion, boards.ie has gone to S+HIT i laughed when i saw the title of this thread because i knew exactly the type of ignorant trash that would be spewd...and i was spot on, you really couldn't make it up. just an excuse to spout narrow minded bile...its actually embarrassing to think there are irish people out there like this..

Not all. Just the ten percent who can adequately use the web. Also this thread is designed to keep crap threads off of the main AH board to shut the hell up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

"You look good, you feel good" is not a good excuse. You're just a vain bastard.
    Music is dumb.
    Alcohol should be banned.
    Being a man and knowing anything about brands of clothing or judging other people by their 'dress sense' means you 'lyk teh c0k'.
    Halo 3 is a mediocre game as is Half-Life 2.
    Maths is fun.
    Abortion shouldn't be legal simply because in general it allows people to evade responsibility OK, that's not really why.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

People who have been convicted of serious crime should be branded or tattooed on a visible part of their body.

Eastern European women should wear baggier jeans, I am sick of looking at the camel toes on them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement