Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your most controversial opinions here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Smokers should have cigarettes stubbed out on their eyeballs.

DawnMc wrote: »
    Mary Harney should be shot and/or put on a diet - what kind of a role model is she for health?

So so true, I hate Morticia !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

I think that if the internet was banned in the workplace a lot more work would get done!!

boo boo boo boo boo kill joy

Quality wrote: »
    YES dirty brassers...

O wow, dont be telling me this kind of stuff in work :);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

All straight men should take it up the bum at least once in their lives ..

• Advertisement

This thread is class!

Also, yes alot more work would be done in the office without the internet but its not that busy in here before Christmas so spam spam spam !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

They should build a new Prison in Ireland for scumbags, like this one. The only Budgies in here, would be on the menu.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

KaG1888 wrote: »
    GRRR

I don't understand why no-one ever seems to think regimes which were backed by the states were not responsible for the fallout of their own decisions, but people seem quite happy to hold the americans responsible for serving their own interests by arming regimes that WANTED TO BE ARMED.

Not saying it was a very ethical move, but it was a perfectly reasonable move in terms of America safeguarding their own interests, and in the views of the groups they were supporting it was also a means to preserve their own interests.

Don't get why almost no-one else on the planet seems to agree with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Kazu wrote: »
    boo boo boo boo boo kill joy

I said "I Think" Doesnt mean I want it actioned out though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

im racist against everyone....

actually im not that racist, i have a coloured tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

I don't believe there should ever be a united Ireland. (in my lifetime)

The UK is a far more organised country with much less corruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'm a straight guy who doesn't see the appeal in sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

marcsignal wrote: »
    They should build a new Prison in Ireland for scumbags, like this one. The only Budgies in here, would be on the menu.;)
    Unless you were a budgie smuggler.

Then you really would take it up the ass and be known as Mona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Once you turn 60 you should be forced to take the driving test again (And every 2 years after that) and if you fail it, good luck, here's your bus pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

RadioCity wrote: »
    I don't believe there should ever be a united Ireland. (in my lifetime)

The UK is a far more organised country with much less corruption.

Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Single mothers should not be entitled to any more money from the State than married mothers.

That'd drop the number of teenage/unwanted pregnancies straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

humanji wrote: »
    Oh, and people who start yet another thread in AH about drugs should be hunted down and forced to read every single thread ever made about drugs on Boards. Then they should stripped naked, painted blue dumped in the Liffey.
    I completely agree.
    They all end up ith the same arguements over and over again.

Pigman II wrote: »
    Oh that reminds me. I remember watching live those planes crash into the WTC and thinking "man, this is really cool tv"
    The biggest car crash moment of our generation.

Terry wrote: »
    The biggest car crash moment of our generation.

The best part was when the buildings fell down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭kf1920

My opinions:

We are not strict enough with our laws and sentencing. Life should me life or at least over 35years, not 10.

Our Bail system is a lot of BS! commit a crime we let you out for a while to do more.

Bertie is corrupt in some way...

Mary Harney isn't suitable to be health minister. Too Unhealthy and spineless

5 Years is way too long for governments to have power, two is more suitable.

We should have a right to vote out politians and ministers etc

McCanns are guilty... of something if not murder

We shouldn't allow in so called "Refugees"

Michael O'Leary is a genius (in a business sense)

Hitler was actually very brilliant (in his ability to get power etc not the whole psycho killer aspect)

Reality tv shows are a load of crap

One should be allowed to defend his home, family etc with force

Familys of sexual abuse victims should get the chance to be put in the room with the B*stard for and hour where anything goes

Big Bother is watching, in some make shape or form, be it google, microsoft or governments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

Fat women should be forced to walk their fat kids to school

• Advertisement

Pigman II wrote: »
    The best part was when the buildings fell down
    Yeah. I saw that bit.
    First they started to fall. Then they fell.

goslie wrote: »
    Fat women should be forced to walk their fat kids to school
    All kids should walk to school, regardless.

Yeah. I saw that bit.
    First they started to fall. Then they fell.

Yeah, maybe people got hurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Yeah, like we did, barefoot on the snow, wearing a coal sack instead of a jacket.

kf1920 wrote: »
    My opinions:

We are not strict enough with our laws and sentencing. Life should me life or at least over 35years, not 10.

Our Bail system is a lot of BS! commit a crime we let you out for a while to do more.

Bertie is corrupt in some way...

Mary Harney isn't suitable to be health minister. Too Unhealthy and spineless

5 Years is way too long for governments to have power, two is more suitable.

We should have a right to vote out politians and ministers etc

McCanns are guilty... of something if not murder

We shouldn't allow in so called "Refugees"

Michael O'Leary is a genius (in a business sense)

Hitler was actually very brilliant (in his ability to get power etc not the whole psycho killer aspect)

Reality tv shows are a load of crap

One should be allowed to defend his home, family etc with force

Familys of sexual abuse victims should get the chance to be put in the room with the B*stard for and hour where anything goes

Big Bother is watching, in some make shape or form, be it google, microsoft or governments

I agree with every point here, nice 1. You forgot to mention how Hitler turned a country in total poverty into a world power in 6 years, pity he was insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

Taxis should not be allowed to be in bus lanes.

Taxis should not be hailed along the street.

Whoever programmed Dublin's traffic lights deserves a severe kick in the reproductive organs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

But its for the controversial aspect that I said the 'fat' bit.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

People who complain about furrigners coming here and taking our jobs should be made to go to said furrigners country and work in some ****ty service job for minimum wage !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

But what about the paedophiles? I heard they hide under bridges waiting for children to pass over head and then they nab them. The only safe way to get them to school is in an SUV.

• Advertisement

RadioCity wrote: »
    Taxis should not be allowed to be in bus lanes.

Taxis should not be hailed along the street.

Whoever programmed Dublin's traffic lights deserves a severe kick in the reproductive organs.

Buses should be equiped with cowcatchers to ram any cars/taxis (or cows) etc that even partially encroach across the line of a buslane.

I agree with every point here, nice 1. You forgot to mention how Hitler turned a country in total poverty into a world power in 6 years, pity he was insane.

You seem to be forgetting that then he destroyed this "world power" in less than 2 years. And Germany was not a world power, he just surprised everyone with Blitzkrieg, and once other countries saw past it it didn't have much chance.

ojewriej wrote: »
    You seem to be forgetting that then he destroyed this "world power" in less than 2 years. And Germany was not a world power, he just surprised everyone with Blitzkrieg, and once other countries saw past it it didn't have much chance.

You dont know your history mate, dont get the wrong impression. Hitler was a scumbag, but he did build a country that were in a very bad way into a economic and military world power.

Danke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Drivers who dont indicate on Roundabouts should be stoned on the same roundabout!

Women who cant drive their f**king SUV's or 7seaters should be hit over the head repeatedly with a large frying pan!

People who treat barmen/sales assistants like sh*t should be kicked in the nuts!

And the 1/2 blind ol' dear who blocks my driveway with her nissan micra twice a week should be pussed under a passing bus!

l should be allowed to patrol my area with a shotgun/sniper rifle...fully loaded!

And fat chicks are sexy!!!

You dont know your history mate, dont get the wrong impression. Hitler was a scumbag, but he did build a country that were in a very bad way into a economic and military world power.

Danke

And how did it all end? And who made all decisions, refusing to listen to his generals? Who didn't learn from Napoleon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

But what about the paedophiles? I heard they hide under bridges waiting for children to pass over head and then they nab them. The only safe way to get them to school is in an SUV.

rofl!

• Advertisement

Thanks, Oh yeah, he had zero unemployment, he built great systems, transport etc, and turn a country that was devasted after WW1 into a main player in WW2, good going

I Think u'll find it was the Allies who destroyed this world power, and yes it was then a world power and will be again

Danke

Take out the killing and complete psycho side to him, he was one of the best World leaders ever seen,

Bush is quiet similar to him, the killing etc, but not as intelligent!

And how did it all end? And who made all decisions, refusing to listen to his generals? Who didn't learn from Napoleon?

England once had a vast empire, ruled alot of the world, that was an achievement they dont now, still doesn't mean its not an achievement, Same with Adolf.

Napoleon, was another great leader, i forgot, thanks for mentioning him!

Thanks, Oh yeah, he had zero unemployment, he built great systems, transport etc, and turn a country that was devasted after WW1 into a main player in WW2, good going

I Think u'll find it was the Allies who destroyed this world power, and yes it was then a world power and will be again

Take out the killing and complete psycho side to him, he was one of the best World leaders ever seen,

Bush is quiet similar to him, the killing etc, but not as intelligent!

Agreed,
    Made my reply before I wrote it ;) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Danke

Brilliant tactic, try to confuse people by saying they know nothing about history will cover for your own lack of knowledge!

I agree he did have few good ideas, i love autobahns for instance, but he didn't follow through with them. He didn't turn a country into a main player in WW2 - he started it, which i think is a pretty big difference, and ultimately led to the countrys fall and unnecessary deaths of many of it's citizens. I don't think thats so good.

And why did the Allies destroy it? Because hitler thought he was brilliant and refused to listen to his generals. Wunderwaffe anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

In reply to: Creches ban Nativity play because of complaints by Non-Christian Parents

They can go fúck off back home so!

Rob_l wrote: »
    Brilliant tactic, try to confuse people by saying they know nothing about history will cover for your own lack of knowledge!

To be honest mate, I am actually fairly decent when it comes to history. I only read stuff related to history nowadays. I was just pointing out that someone made an incorrect statement.

Read the post I made here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055173137&page=4 . Thats some of the stuff I read about along with WWII related subjects.

Owned? Yes now go to the corner ---->

Danke
    Meh. Revisionist history.

Yeah it reminds me of the time I got in an arguement with Prof. Stephen Hawking about the nature of the universe. I was clearly losing when suddenly I came up with a bright idea. I just stood up, loomed over him and said "You don't know your theoretical physics mate!" The guy was speechless (his laptop had just died). But as well as that he couldn't think of a decent reply, so he just took the brakes off his wheelchair and rolled off into the sunset with his recharge flex between his legs.

One-nil to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w&feature=related

this explains alot for me atleast about the 360-wii-ps3

He didn't turn a country into a main player in WW2 -

This statement shows how little you know. Yes they started it but they were of course a main player.....

They took over most of Western Europe ffs, they had Britian on its knees but didnt follow though with invasion so they opted to take out their biggest threat in Europe ,Russia. The winter set in when they had already taken out most of the key targets in Russia and like what happened to Napoleon the cold weather prevailed for their asses.

To be honest mate, I am actually fairly decent when it comes to history. I only read stuff related to history nowadays. I was just pointing out that someone made an incorrect statement.

Read the post I made here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055173137&page=4 . Thats some of the stuff I read about along with WWII related subjects.

Sorry, what does your post have to do with Hitler? Am i mistaken or are you trying to prove that you must be smart because you know all this controversial things about US, so you must know about WWII as well? Seriously?

And you still didn;t answer my question - how long did this "super power" last and hwo did it all end?

Seems to be on the ball with his knowledge in fairness
    I agree he did have few good ideas, i love autobahns for instance, but he didn't follow through with them. He didn't turn a country into a main player in WW2 - he started it, which i think is a pretty big difference, and ultimately led to the countrys fall and unnecessary deaths of many of it's citizens. I don't think thats so good.

And why did the Allies destroy it? Because hitler thought he was brilliant and refused to listen to his generals. Wunderwaffe anyone?

Actually alot of hitlers downfall had be linked to italy and there disasterous attempts at fighting. Actually Britain and France started it, they declared war first!

You raise the most vital argument in the linked post, the winners write history, Hitlers Actions were always gonna be built up to make him look lik Satan and the US knights in shining armour ! The Holocaust was only mentioned once the allies had as good as won, not saying it didnt happen but....

The First casualty of war is TRUTH

This statement shows how little you know. Yes they started it but they were of course a main player.....

They took over most of Western Europe ffs, they had Britian on its knees but didnt follow though with invasion so they opted to take out their biggest threat in Europe ,Russia. The winter set in when they had already taken out most of the key targets in Russia and like what happened to Napoleon the cold weather prevailed for their asses.

And the attack on Russia was delayed by having to help Italy with their losing battle, if it hadnt, it could have ended very different!

This statement shows how little you know. Yes they started it but they were of course a main player......

They were a main player because they started it.
    They took over most of Western Europe ffs, they had Britian on its knees but didnt follow though with invasion

And why didn't they follow through with the invasion? Could it possibly be because RAF won Battle of Britain so Germany couldn't follow with the invasion?
    so they opted to take out their biggest threat in Europe ,Russia. The winter set in when they had already taken out most of the key targets in Russia and like what happened to Napoleon the cold weather prevailed for their asses.

Russians allowed him to go deep into Russia as they knew that the winter will stop him. They saw it - he didn't, how is that brilliant?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement