Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Customer Service you have received

Options
  • 12-12-2007 11:59am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Do counter the 'Whats the worst Customer Service you have received' thread lets have one for the best.Lets have some good story's and give company's that look after customer's a little bit of positive PR.

So fire away...I cant think of anything just yet but I will come back to this.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Recently:
    Perlico - They honestly couldn't be more helpful, I have to say I'm actually impressed with them.

Middleton Park Hotel, Co Cork - They fecked up on a number of things during a recent weekend break but they made up for it with a free meal, bottle of wine and a voucher which we can use again in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

anglo irish bank...best bank i've ever dealt with by a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

SVP.co.uk, got some DVD-RW discs that wouldn't work for me. Sent them back under an RMA and they refunded the cost of the discs and the postage. A lot of places don't refund you the cost of returning faulty goods.

Had a similar experience with Sendit.com. Got a Futurama box set that was missing all the discs. The sent a replacement as soon as I contacted them and asked me to return the empty one. No hassle at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

SVP - I agree, brilliant customer service.
    Ace host - my hosting ISP. Response time to support ticket < 2mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

http://www.expansys.ie
    Brilliant service and extremely fast! They have great prices and every order i have placed with them was shipped the same day on a 1-2 day shipment with very low shipping costs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

There's a girl at the information desk in Tescos, Clarehall who everyone just loves. She bends over backwards to deliver a proper service and you go away feeling you've 'thats how every shop should be'. Brilliant girl.

I think her name is Tracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Anglo irish off the top of my head, I opened a regular saver account with them just over a year ago and they couldn't have been more helpful. Always very curtious etc on the phone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Mairt wrote: »
    She bends over backwards to deliver a proper service and you go away feeling you've 'thats how every shop should be'. .

Double meaning anyone? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Dell. Ordered a computer on Friday. Received it on Tuesday. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sobaga

grahamo wrote: »
    Dell. Ordered a computer on Friday. Received it on Tuesday. Brilliant!

I wish they were so good to me... Ordered computer on 27 November, still no delivery date available and almost 3000 euro less on my acount... If I only knew...

OK, a good story now - Nutgrove Veterinary Clinic - nice people, very flexible and my dog was taken care of very professionally. There is also a good customer service in Anglo-Irish Bank, fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Cabaal wrote: »
    Recently:
    Perlico - They honestly couldn't be more helpful, I have to say I'm actually impressed with them.

ditto,
    I was very surprised given what I had read about them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

The truck driver when I moved house. When it came to shifting my correspondence with Perlico Customer Services, he did the second load half price.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

Perlico Are The Absolute Worst Company To Deal With They Are Morans!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dell have always been more than helpful. I used their online technical support earlier today and the woman, Maya, was very helpful. She gave me a link to download something, and suggested that she suspend the chat until I had it downloaded, so that I could connect straight back to her when I was ready. She then called me to see if it was going ok, and has arranged to call back tomorrow morning to make sure the problem has been solved.

The entire customer support team seems to be very well trained. They're very polite and don't make you feel stupid for asking questions that may be very basic to them! (Unlike other places!)

Meteor have always been pretty good too, although I did get connected to one woman who was a bit rude. (One in 6 years isn't bad!) They've always fixed my problem straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Amazon. I didn't recieve a DVD I ordered after 4 weeks, so I emailed them, and they said they'd send out another one, free of charge.
    I recieved the original DVD the next day, so I ended up with 2. I emailed them again, asking if they wanted me to send it back. They said keep it.
    I thought this was pretty cool of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Mairt wrote: »
    There's a girl at the information desk in Tescos, Clarehall who everyone just loves. She bends over backwards to deliver a proper service and you go away feeling you've 'thats how every shop should be'. Brilliant girl.

I think her name is Tracy.

Someones got a little crush.. haha! :p

Ive never been in the shopping part but I do buy my petrol there.

Regarding Dell ive never really had problems with them, 9/10 dealings with are grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The Towers Hotel (now gone) in Ballsbridge - fantastic staff always ready to serve with a smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Some people might find this hard to believe but here goes...

I bought my PC from Curries in Derry. The hard drive developed a problem almost a year after I bought it. (I posted here at the time). Anyway, I rang the Tech Guys at 11.00 pm the night the warranty was due to expire and they were extremely helpful. After a few tests while talking to their guy, it was decided a new hard drive would be required. This was a Thursday night. On the following Monday, one of their engineers/techies called to my house and fitted the new one. He even gave me an extra 40 gigs.

I was well impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

3 Ireland-Thanks to them, i can use this board! the guys on the phone were very helpful and gave me step by step instructions when i couldn't get my mac connected to the net! No long holding on the line or any of the usual crap. they even play better music during the short time i was waiting to be transferred!

Also I've found Aldi Ireland, very good, in my experience, if you complain they reply and try to get your problem fixed ASAP. I was after something one week in their special offers which was sold out in my local Aldi, so they rang around the other stores and found one, so fair play to them, often in other irish stores, they wont bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

Cinergi - i think not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kerash wrote: »
    3 Ireland-Thanks to them, i can use this board! the guys on the phone were very helpful and gave me step by step instructions when i couldn't get my mac connected to the net! No long holding on the line or any of the usual crap. they even play better music during the short time i was waiting to be transferred!

looks like we've got another spy lads :D

but seriously, 3 customer care couldn't find their arses with both hands unless of course their script told them how to do it but

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

AIB. Any time I ring them, they can give me a straight answer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

goodlad wrote: »
    Double meaning anyone? :D:D:D

I want intercourse.

Advertisement