Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tried Vista, ran screaming back to XP..

• 12-12-2007 12:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

Installed Vista Ultimate yesterday to see if really was as bad as everyone said it was. It was.

First of all it was difficult to get a vista-compatible firewall. Drivers for my X-Fi sound card just refused to work. Incompatibilities between punkbuster and vista meant that i got kicked from servers every few minutes.

What does everyone one else think of Vista?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I like it as much as I like Windows general. I have aero/sidebar turned off and it has worked perfectly from day one. Still some issues with drivers and stuff but nothing that bothers my setup. The X-Fi sound card in my build works fine though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My sound interface has drivers for 32 bit version so I was lucky in that sense. I reckon it'll be a year before many peeps using WinXX-ME-XP hardware will have drivers they can trust.

I de-Vista'd the interface as much as possible and dispite using the built-in firewall hav'nt been invaded (I use Solo and Spybot to check the system).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

[thread]2055195762[/thread]

Quite like it. No issues thus far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    The X-Fi sound card in my build works fine though?

yeah it worked for me, but with no audio console you may as well use onboard sound :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

there is an audio console

anyway have zero probs with vista x64 much rather it than xp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

I'm switching back as soon as XP SP3 is out. I would change back now but I don't have the time.

Advertisement