Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!

Options
  • 12-12-2007 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Im a second year physiotherapy student and having serious problems with a Physics and biomechanics module-as in, if I dont get a grind of some sort theres no doubt whatsoever that ill fail.:o

Just wondering if anyone knows anyone who would be able to give grinds or if not where i would go for them(obviously the physics dep. is probably best bet but i live a fair bit from UCD so would rather not go all the way over only to have to go some where else for a grind.)

I know its late but the exam next monday and im pretty much sorted for the others so i can concentrate on physics until then.Supposedly the lecturer puts similar things in the exams every year so I just need someone to go through past papers with me.:)

Obviously alot of people have exams atm so its a stupid time but maybe some people dont have any....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

savage......*cries*

ah I just better actually try using my brain now maybe....:eek:

and they say boards saves lives....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Did you send an email to your class? One of them must know someone or one of them may feel able to give you a grind

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Ballerina wrote: »

and they say boards saves lives....:mad:

who says this??

Er yeah just do pass papers. sit down with a question and spend a few hours on it till you understand it. Repeatx100000000000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

the past papers are the f*cking problem straight faced emoticon

GO BACK TO DCU,or else help me....you know how to do them!!

ah my class are a bunch of stresspots so wouldnt have time to help me, they're too busy eating their books.

Thanks,might try the grinds file but I think realistically im just looking for an easy way out....did i type that out loud...

plus was talking to a gal just there while ice skating(woo) and seems the papers arent THAT hard i just stumbled at the first hurdle and gave up..whoops maybe i should do more study and less ice skating...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Whats the actual name of the module?
    And there's not that many people in the Physics dept! Get over there quick

its Applied Physics and Biomechanics (PHTY 20020)

but the lecturer said to also look at papers from phty2003 and phty3003

ah im probably just having a mental block with it ill sit down open-mindedly with it tomorrow and sure we'll see what happens...:cool:

fingers crossed for a miracle...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Ya that makes no sense! I think what you need is a physio (if you can find one) to try and teach you it. I could tell you what force is but thats about it unless I looked really hard at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Is that Mercers course????

If so get the green Physics book and a basic physics book from the library. Get a Leaving Cert revision book too - well worth the investment.

I failed the old physics course in first year - unfortunately the grinds i got were in Cork.

Tbh i just got a secondary school teacher to help - if you're from dublin did you try going back to your old school and seeing if the physics teacher there will give you a quick crash grind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Ok when's the exam on? Drop me a pm + I'll see what I can do (this will mostly consist of giving you a book + maybe some advice, I passed from the MCQs last year, I wasn't so hot on the long paper).

Last year some people approached the lecturer + he was very helpful so if there's a couple of you with an issue with a particular topic (ie no asking him to go over the WHOLE course!) ask him.

• Advertisement

nope its not mercier,its Hamish.got 20% and 42% in the mcqs and this part is worth 70%.

rang a guy on the grindsfile but he said i'd need to contact someone from physio because its not really THAT physicsy..

i actually had a look at papers and its not the hell i thought it was so i MIGHT pass but some stuff just doesnt seem to be in the notes.

dajaffa wrote: »
    last year some people approached the lecturer + he was very helpful so if there's a couple of you with an issue with a particular topic (ie no asking him to go over the WHOLE course!) ask him.

ugh no every time i ask him a question he gives me a two hour answer...he wouldnt have finished answering in time for the exam on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Check ur pms, + I don't think you'd have much luck with postgrads, but it's worth a go if ur feeling desperate!

yea i think ill try picking out the main topics on the papers so....hopefully he'll repeat the questions or at least some of them.

im just so lazy when it comes to physics and have a mental block about it thats my problem!

thanks a mil, really appreciate the help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Ballerina wrote: »

rang a guy on the grindsfile but he said i'd need to contact someone from physio because its not really THAT physicsy..

you believe it when someone else tells you but not me!

get the giancoli book its pretty good. I don't actually have it, the ones i have are a a bit **** but you can borrow them anyway

Advertisement