Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What will you import before 01/07/2008?

Options
  • 12-12-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Second hand cars only in this thread

I'm seriously considering bringing in an early W126 500SEL from the UK. My favourite saloon ever. An '80 one will cost maybe a grand in VRT and a couple of years of €1491 in tax, after which it will go down to the classic €46 tax

DSC00001-copie.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

shouldn't the heading read before July 2008?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Oops :o

Edited the title...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hopefully a porsche boxster s, an e46 m3 or a nissan 350z :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I always wanted another Saab 900 turbo (a well sorted one, this time)

Maybe I should start looking in earnest now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

unkel wrote: »
    Second hand cars only in this thread

I'm seriously considering bringing in an early W126 500SEL from the UK. My favourite saloon ever. An '80 one will cost maybe a grand in VRT and a couple of years of €1491 in tax, after which it will go down to the classic €46 tax
    I love them too. For me though, it'd have to be a 500SE. If you really want a LWB, then why not the 300bhp 560SEL?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

I was actually seriosuly planing to import an RX8 231 from the UK in autumn/winter 08 ...

thats a good period to buy because usually its hard for the sellers to shift at that time of year so it leaves a lot of room for haggling.

... Unfortunately due to other financial commitments at present I cant afford to import it before July 08 (and prices are usually strong in summer)

Im very dissapointed as it will be a "No-Go Car" after july as the Tax will jump from 1800cc to €2,000/yr Co2 .. and i cant imagine that the Co2 VRT will be nice either

i'm VERY dissapointed :(:(

Anan1 wrote: »
    I love them too. For me though, it'd have to be a 500SE. If you really want a LWB, then why not the 300bhp 560SEL?:)

A 500SE would probably do me :)

The only reason I wouldn't go for a 560 is that it was introduced in '86, so it would mean another 6 years of €1491 (9 grand :eek:) before it would qualify for classic tax compared to a '80 500SE(L) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

if Ic an get my 01 celica sold will buy a 03 or a 04 model celica again
    Fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

ncc98071 wrote: »
    if Ic an get my 01 celica sold will buy a 03 or a 04 model celica again
    Fingers crossed

My friend has a 99 celica and he has been trying to sell it for the last 6 months with no luck.Whats the story with cleica's why dont they sell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

Mercedes W124 250TD estate

• Advertisement

drdre wrote: »
    My friend has a 99 celica and he has been trying to sell it for the last 6 months with no luck.Whats the story with cleica's why dont they sell?

probably because its a girly 140 version
    ;)

dunno dr dre
    mine for sale long time as well,cheapest of its model on carzone but no joy
    still like another one though!

3ps wrote: »
    Mercedes W124 250TD estate

Veggie oil project? :D

mine is the 190 version though ...........

ncc98071 wrote: »
    mine is the 190 version though ...........

Is it UK or Jap ?

Jap is lower value (especially if coupled with an auto transmission)

How much is your asking price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

just decided to look into what it would cost to import and run an IS200 ,which is what I currently own. and nearly sh*t myself. 36% VRT and the most disturbing part is the 2000 euro tax bill every year. Thank god that it will not come into effect for mine, would not bring anything else.

Is a uk import,thunder grey colour, 94000 miles on the clock, looking for around 12500 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

C_Breeze wrote: »
    Is it UK or Jap ?

Jap is lower value (especially if coupled with an auto transmission)

How much is your asking price?

And 180 bhp instead of 189 too IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

bmw e30 m3 or e34 m5.....
    or a 4x4 sierra cossie..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

unkel wrote: »
    Veggie oil project? :D

yes, as will my Xantia be.

I would love it if I could produce a cert showing that I have a veggie conversion in it by a sactioned supplier (e.g. ecocar.ie ) ... and I'm buying sanctioned SVO (e.g. eilishoils.ie)... and then get placed in the lowest new tax band as all emissions are carbon neutral.

But that would be asking too much.

• Advertisement

3ps wrote: »
    But that would be asking too much.

The Green party minister of the environment doesn't even understand "the polluter pays" principle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

I had planned on going to the UK for my next A4 diesel in January. I have a 2001 facelift model at the moment but its just turned over 123,000 miles so i'm looking at getting a 2005 140bph model next year. Will definitely being holding off now until the summer.

Still going to get rid of my current A4 though in the new year and buy a Fiesta/Corolla or some other smaller car/puddle hopper until July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

E30 M3 or 325i Sport, 944 S2, maybe a 968 :)

Oh, and a 318ci for Mrs. Gatster.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

Subaru legacy b4

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Hopefully a Ford Cougar. Not very exciting I know but I just fancy one plus it has bloody high emissions, top band so gotta hope a suitable one comes up pre June.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

bmw e30 m3 or e34 m5.....
    or a 4x4 sierra cossie..

Yawn... where have i heard that before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Gatster wrote: »
    E30 M3 or 325i Sport, 944 S2, maybe a 968 :)

Oh, and a 318ci for Mrs. Gatster.

wise choice sir !! My 968 is going on the block in Feb/Mar...........PM me then !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭da7a

Subaru legacy b4

Go for it man, they're a great car! Goes around corners like they're not there...

Im considering shipping my B4 rsk home from New Zealand in time to miss the new taxes... Its a great fun to drive, but I dont know if ill be able to afford to run it in Ireland. I only get about 16mpg if I drive it hard. You pay road tax at the pump here (80cent a litre for 98ron) and insurance is stupidly cheap and not even compulsary. 600euro fully comp for a year! Id say it would cost me more like 2000 a year to insure it at home. Getting parts could be a nightmare aswell. No vrt for me though so its very tempting....

decisions, decisions...

pics:
    http://www.daraburke.com/scooby/index.php?dir=./B4%20RSK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

You should not have to pay any taxes if you have been abroad for over a year andyou own the vehicle for over 6 months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭da7a

oops, shows how much attention I've been paying to the irish media... I thought it was motor tax they were changing...:o

Advertisement