Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Tablet

Options
  • 12-12-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

I'm on the look out for a graphics tablet. I hope to purchase it through work so it will have to be new, not second hand. I will be using it for IT training. Can anyone recommend a good one from experience?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Why not build your own?

Wiimote turns LCD into $1000 Graphics Tablet
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/clips/use...ing-332039.php

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

wacom,

if you're not using it for touch ups/design get a graphire, if u are, an intuos

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

heggie wrote: »
    wacom,

if you're not using it for touch ups/design get a graphire, if u are, an intuos

The man speaks the truth. Wacom are 'the' graphic tablet to own. They are very nice pieces of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

Hi don't know if i am in the right place but my daughter is looking for a graphics tablet i haven't a clue what to look for she's interested in doing manga & stuff & is looking for one for Xmas any help (what to buy & where to look) be much appreciated thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

kline64 wrote: »
    Hi don't know if i am in the right place but my daughter is looking for a graphics tablet i haven't a clue what to look for she's interested in doing manga & stuff & is looking for one for Xmas any help (what to buy & where to look) be much appreciated thanks
    Still kind of in the right place for being an old thread.

Wacom is still the brand of choice. They make USB graphics pads for PCs and they also license their technology out to other manufacturers like Samsung and Microsoft, for products like the Galaxy Note phones and tablets lineup and the Surface Pro tablets.

If you're looking for something she can use on an existing PC with photoshop etc. a Wacom tablet like a Bamboo, or Intuos, is your best bet. For a complete device, the Surface Pro is fantastic but possibly outside your gift budget - it's a laptop replacement. The other option is a Galaxy Note tablet, these come in 8" and 10.1" varieties and run google Android OS. Note tablets are relatively top in class for Mainstream tablet performance, front and back cameras, expandability, etc. and compared to an iPad are priced much the same but frankly do more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement