Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access broadband anywhere?

Options
  • 12-12-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

I might be chancing my arm here...I got a new iPod Touch which has the ability to connect to a wi-fi network. When I'm out and about I can't ever seem to connect to a good network without having to enter a password.
    My question is...is there a way to connect to a wi-fi service say Eircom or NTL if I input the correct details? I have an NTL account and my mother has Eircom, can I tap into one of the services and use the proper password can I get online?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The reason you need a password is because most networks routers are protected. This so that others can't leach internet bandwidth of them.

If you do have the correct password you will be able to connect to the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭00sully

if you have the eircom details there are numerous wifi hotspots around dublin you can access for free. log into eircom for more details i would presume!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yeah as an eircom customer, you might be able to login to certain eircom hotspots.

Details on their website I presume. They ran ads on tv about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

biko wrote: »
    The reason you need a password is because most networks routers are protected. This so that others can't leach internet bandwidth of them.

If you do have the correct password you will be able to connect to the router.

I wouldn't dream of leaching off someone else's service (only family :) )
    00sully wrote: »
    if you have the eircom details there are numerous wifi hotspots around dublin you can access for free. log into eircom for more details i would presume!
    brim4brim wrote: »
    Yeah as an eircom customer, you might be able to login to certain eircom hotspots.

Details on their website I presume. They ran ads on tv about them.

Thanks lads I'll check the site again as I already looked and couldn't see anything.

Advertisement