Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where/how to get sql server 2005??

Options
  • 12-12-2007 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if someone can tell me where and how exactly do I put sql server on my pc?

We use it in the college think its called sql server management studio 2005. I went on to the microsoft website and downloaded what i thought was sql server express but i cant seem to get it up and running.

Ive a exam next week in it and it would be a great help to have it on my own pc instead of having to go into the college.Bascially for building databases and writing queries.

Any help would be great thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭FindingNemo

joe123 wrote: »
    Just wondering if someone can tell me where and how exactly do I put sql server on my pc?

We use it in the college think its called sql server management studio 2005. I went on to the microsoft website and downloaded what i thought was sql server express but i cant seem to get it up and running.

Ive a exam next week in it and it would be a great help to have it on my own pc instead of having to go into the college.Bascially for building databases and writing queries.

Any help would be great thanks.

Hi,

Go here

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-ie/express/bb410792(en-us).aspx

You'll need to download sql 2005 express edition.
    Then you'll need to download sql server management studio to have the frontend to create your databases etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

ok Ive got it running now, but now ive an another problem with it...

When i want to save tables it says i dont have permission?

theres three datatbases master, model, msdb and tempdb.

In college our lecturer made our databases so all ive to do is click my student number.

Anyways ive right clicked on the master database to create a new table but it comes up

" you are not logged on as the database owner or system administrator you might not be able to save changes to tables you do not own. Certain edits require create table permission"

Im logged on to windows as the administrator but how do i set myself as the administrator of the database or how do i create one so i can practice myself creating tables and queries???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Create your own database first. Don't try to add tables to the master database.

Advertisement