Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SUV Scum

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

MCMLXXXIII wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if old people (assuming they are all horrible drivers?) are in a small car or a large SUV, they will have the same driving habbits no matter what.

Are you for real.!

Old person (assuming they are all horrible drivers?) parking a big SUV versus old person parking a micra and there is no difference. mmm It dont take a genius to figure that the chances of taking up more that one car space will happen more often in the SUV.???????
    The effect of being a bad driver accelerates in a bigger vehicle. I mean it is simple cop on and no one on the pro SUV side will just admit the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

dodgyme wrote: »
    yes it is. the clue is in the word society. The reason for this debate proves this. i.e. what is acceptable or not acceptable to society. this constantly shifts and moves depending on the society. You mention the US as an example. Well nice of you to choose the most individualist country you could think of? Our society doesnt have to be a replication of the US. We decide what we want for our country and moving toward further taxing unnecessary SUV is a good thing in my opinion. Unfortunately in Ireland clientalism is the rather warped way of societies views getting to the policy table. Another way was the greens getting to power which reflected another groups opinions and hence why the 'gas guzzlers' (image or reality) maybe having further punitive measures placed on them. And I certainly hope so.!

...I knew you would take that out of context. I stand my ground and say: Everyone can happily live together, while still being different.

I don't think Ireland should be a replication of the US at all, and that's not what I said.

By the way, according to the US, there are nine times as many Irish people in the US are there are in Ireland, and it's the second largest claimed ancestry. That means that the US population is over 10% Irish. That's why I chose the US. There is a place in the world where Irish actually like SUVs...
    Are you for real.!

Old person (assuming they are all horrible drivers?) parking a big SUV versus old person parking a micra and there is no difference. mmm It dont take a genius to figure that the chances of taking up more that one car space will happen more often in the SUV.???????
    The effect of being a bad driver accelerates in a bigger vehicle. I mean it is simple cop on and no one on the pro SUV side will just admit the truth.

An older person would have an easier time parking in my new Grand Cherokee than in my old 300C (265mm longer)...and I see many more older folk in 300Cs than in a Grand Cherokee.

... claimed ancestry.
    You are choosing claimed ancestry to make your points now?? Seriously give it a rest
    An older person would have an easier time parking in my new Grand Cherokee than in my old 300C (265mm longer)...and I see many more older folk in 300Cs than in a Grand Cherokee.
    great thanks for that, yes we all know what you drive, you have told us many times , well done, excellent post, really good, .. you even have the word 'grand' in the title. Here is 10p for some sweets, dont spend it all in the one shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

great thanks for that, yes we all know what you drive, you have told us many times , well done, excellent post, really good, .. you even have the word 'grand' in the title. Here is 10p for some sweets, dont spend it all in the one shop.

Don't attack my personal choices.

I will use something else then

Merc M: 188.5 inches
    Merc E: 191 inches

And yes...it is grand. Ya know, for being part of the "I'm not jealous" brigade, that was an awfully unsympathetic comment...especially since it was regarding spending money. You seem to know what I drive from previous posts, so surely you also read that I do not like to be "flashy," but am willing to pay extra to get the "grand" vehicle, if it suits my preferences more than the regular.

I won't bring you down when you buy a new Panda. Don't bring me down with my purchase either.

Don't bring me down with my purchase either.

yes I will - that is the whole point as it has developed. I dont agree with your choice of vehicle i.e. SUV. I dont own a panda but if i did no one has anything against a panda as it does nt block their view of the road ahead, doesnt need 2 car (yes 'car') parking spaces and is appropraite for what is required in an urban area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

yes I will - that is the whole point as it has developed. I dont agree with your choice of vehicle i.e. SUV. I dont own a panda but if i did no one has anything against a panda as it does nt block their view of the road ahead, doesnt need 2 car (yes 'car') parking spaces and is appropraite for what is required in an urban area.

Your points make no sense. A panda is higher then a regular car, thus blocking the view of the road for the people behind it more then a corsa say. Also, will you for gods sake go down to your local car park and look! A Hyundai Santa fe fits in a car space. You have this preception that SUV's are tanks. In Ireland they are glorified saloons. Now off you go and read your green party propaganda about "gas guzzlers"(explain how a 2L diesel is a gas guzzler?) and believe what you like.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Im not 100% sure if this thread is going anywhere but if it is, its going around in circles.
    Goodnight Eileen!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement