Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford News & Star is going tabloid today

• 12-12-2007 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/mheyaumhauau/

The Waterford News & Star is marking its change from a broadsheet to a tabloid today with an exclusive report that will lift the lid on the City's drug epidemic.

The new-look TCH-owned paper is being launched after extensive market research showed that readers were in favour of the switch to a tabloid.

In the first edition of the new-look Waterford local newspaper, the paper exposes the shocking statistics behind the growing use of cocaine - and the dangers it poses to the city's youth. The tragic deaths of two Waterford men after they took cocaine at a house party has put the city in the national spotlight.

The report reveals that almost 400 people in the city of Waterford alone were treated for drug and alcohol abuse last year with treatment for cocaine abuse showing the biggest rise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I hope its just the size thats getting the overhaul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I saw guys going around the city on some kind of weird pedal driven things advertising the change today and yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Broadsheets are bulky and awkward - but their news is generally relavant. Let's hope they don't change the content and report on important matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I agree. I hate reading the rags but broadsheets generally tend to put me off as you said, because they are quite awkward to read. I was glad when they changed to independants size last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Compact is the polite term.

Mike.

Advertisement