Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipaq 514???

• 12-12-2007 2:29pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ive just been give one of these as goodwill gesture from a supplier here in work.

Just want to know if anyone uses one and if so how do you find them.

Seem very well specced out and has everything except the qwerty keyboard and gps that the pocket loox t830 that I bought from adverts a couple of weeks back has nd it only weighs in at 104gm.

Decisions,decisions!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

I have one and it is by far the best phone I've ever had.

It has a solid WM6 SP build, Good battery, Wifi and BT, It also has a utility that when first switched on it will detect your network and load the actual and up to date MMS/GPRS and web settings.

It also supports SDHC of which I have an 8GB Micro SDHC with it, it might not have 3G (no loss IMHO) as the Edge (2.75G) is fine for Push Mail etc.

It might only have a 1.3 MP Camera but honestly how many times would you use it.

All in all it is a great little fully packed phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elmoie

had one of these for about 3 months be4 it was crushed under a car wheel :) but got to say loved it was a greaet little phone, looks a bit boring but for everyday use, odd email and keeping in touch was great...

funny now and again when it was reading out mails and tired to say irish names ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Flying wrote: »
    I have one and it is by far the best phone I've ever had. It has a solid WM6 SP build, Good battery, Wifi and BT, It also has a utility that when first switched on it will detect your network and load the actual and up to date MMS/GPRS and web settings. It also supports SDHC of which I have an 8GB Micro SDHC with it, it might not have 3G (no loss IMHO) as the Edge (2.75G) is fine for Push Mail etc. It might only have a 1.3 MP Camera but honestly how many times would you use it. All in all it is a great little fully packed phone...
    Flying from what I gather you've gone through a fair few smartphones. Have you checked out the HTC Touch-Cruise yet and if so would you recommend it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thanks for the replies.
    Its a great little phone alright.Does everything the Loox does except the GPS but I already have a garmin in the car.And the lack of qwerty is actually easier to use imo.

The loox is up for sale on adverts so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

mkennedy wrote: »
    Flying from what I gather you've gone through a fair few smartphones. Have you checked out the HTC Touch-Cruise yet and if so would you recommend it.

Have'nt seen it but will check it out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Got one of these as I needed a quad band phone for travel.

Ysing WiFi, I can connect to blueface with the built in VOIP client. I also installed the slingbox software and I can watch my slingbox on it.

Also being able to sync with the exchange server at work is very good.

Good battery and weight considering the features.

Good email browser. This is a great combination between a PDA and Phone. Also it will open Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2007 files.

Got mine for about 250 unlocked. Pity I can't get it to work with 3.

Advertisement