Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever organised a trip with people through Internet?

• 12-12-2007 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of travelling North America or Australia next year. I haven't been able to get any friends together to go. Has anyone ever gone on a trip where you get to know people along the way?
    Where do you start? Would you not be wary of going with people you met online?
    Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Hey, you'd would totally meet people on the road... When you go on your own you're forced to do things and meet people.. I'm heading off on my own next year.. I never do anythig on my own so kinda looking forward to that part of it..

I wouldn't be too wary about meeting people online but if you've never laid eyes on someone how could you commit to traveling hundreds of miles together? Ya might not get on and could be stuck on the same route... where's if you head off on your own and you bump into a few heads after 1 or 2 pints together you'd know if ya click...

I'd suggest goin off on yer own and getting into a cool hostel for backpackers (they're set up with pool tables and bbq's etc) , u'll make friends on the first night..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I've never traveled alone for a long period of time. But i'd have no problem doing it. If i was you i would not worry about going at it alone or even trying to meet people before hand. You will meet people in hostels or just on the road as easy as you will online. But if you come across someone who you got talking to online and is heading your way you can email for a while and see if you get along with them. if you do then sure why not travel with them. if they wreck your head you can always ditch them. But i'd probably go with what flynn said. It will feel unusual and a bit lonely at first. But you'll get used to meeting new people as time goes by

Advertisement