Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vista, sync, vpn

Options
  • 12-12-2007 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi all,

I have a vista computer and i want it to sync with files over a vpn connection to microsoft server 2003. I can sync to files no problem(well not no prolem but got it working eventually), but when i try and sync this particular folder it get over 100 errors. Sometihng like this file is not availbe for use on this computer. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

If you could get the actual error odds are myself or someone else could help out better. The first thing that springs to my mind is permissions on the said files. But the actual error would clear things up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 riff_man79

"this file is currently not available for use on this computer"....any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 riff_man79

Hi all

Can someone point me in the right direction please? This needs to be solved asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I looked into it for you, there isnt too much info out there about the problem.
    The only real idea that i could find is that the files your trying to sync arnt there anymore locally on the server. Your machine is remembering the files from a cache which is why you can see them over the vpn. To rule this out can you actually get someone to log onto the server and see if the files are still there in the location your trying to sync to?

Advertisement