Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO questions - UCD International Relations, His and Politics??

Options
  • 12-12-2007 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi! I'm a 6th year student at the moment, and I'm trying to figure out my cao choices. I think I've decided to go with european studies in trinity for my first choice, but I'm torn between International Relations, His and Politics in ucd and BESS in trinity for my second.
    So maybe if anyone does that course you could tell me what you think about it? And maybe a bit about the atmosphere in ucd - maybe its just me but i think that's fairly important in a uni and i can't help noticing a tiny bit of bitterness amont the ucd boards(could be the frequent references to ucd as a s***hole - is it really that bad??). also im really into debating, any idea how the lit&hist compare to the phil and hist in trinity? would it make much of a difference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

The UCD board is a whiney board. Meh

As for international relations - I lived with a girl who was doing it last year - seemed to be the same as doing any other Arts degree to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I'm pretty sure Arts students do the same modules as full Politics students. I like it, the modules are interesting, lecturers are generally quite good and if you're into politics, you'll get a lot out of it. On the other hand, the admin is cr@p and UCD as a campus is only as good as what you put into it. No idea about the debating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I'm pretty sure Arts students do the same modules as full Politics students. I like it, the modules are interesting, lecturers are generally quite good and if you're into politics, you'll get a lot out of it. On the other hand, the admin is cr@p and UCD as a campus is only as good as what you put into it. No idea about the debating.

this! politics in UCD is really good, the department is excellent. The downsides to UCD are well documented on here anyway!
    it is something similar to a normal arts degree i think, we do the same modules..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Yeah, actually i was tired earlier so yeah,

L&H run weekly debates, they've frequently had teams go to the World Debating Championship - they get huge names to come and speak at their debates and have a great reputation for running a wide variety of topical debates as well as some very good comedy debates. L&H also run the maiden contest every year which is very hotly contested.

Law Soc also run big debates again with a lot of big names.

Advertisement