Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near FinBarre's

Options
  • 12-12-2007 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm wondering what is the possibility of getting parked in the area around St FinBarre's Cathedral in the afternoons (after 2pm) these days? What are the car parks like?

Because of the time of year that's in it I'm reluctant to take the car into the city center because of all the queueing and driving aimlessly around looking for a spot and generally going insane... would I be better off getting a bus?

Cheers for any help.

Aglomerado

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

hi Aglomerado

there is a mult-storey car park very close to St. Finbarr's Cathedral, see this Google Maps link - it is in the centre of the map when you click the link:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=cork+ireland&ie=UTF8&ll=51.895947,-8.480115&spn=0.007601,0.023518&z=16&om=1

also, I often see cars parked on Dean Street (see south of the car park mentioned above in Google Maps) alongside the wall of the Cathedral, not sure if you need residential parking permit for those spaces or not.

jAH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Cheers for that, I'll have a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Carroll's Quay Multistorey carpark usually has a few spaces (circled)

carrolsquay.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm wondering what is the possibility of getting parked in the area around St FinBarre's Cathedral in the afternoons (after 2pm) these days? What are the car parks like?

Because of the time of year that's in it I'm reluctant to take the car into the city center because of all the queueing and driving aimlessly around looking for a spot and generally going insane... would I be better off getting a bus?

Cheers for any help.

Aglomerado

I used to live in Douglas Street, If you park in the area across from Loafers i.e. St Johns Mews you'll be grand. Theres no clamping as the council don't have jurisdiction and the management company don't manage the car park. Theres lots of these parking limbos around the city if you know where to find them :)

Its the 'Private' car parking behind the apartment building. I was parking there for almost a year and a half and had no issue :)

DO NOT park on douglas street .. blood disaster with retard bumping into stuff as the road is so narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Thanks to everyone for their help! The traffic / congestion/ availability of spaces wasn't anywhere near as bad as I'd feared, ended up parking very easily in the multi storey at St Finbarres!! Everyone must have gone to Wilton or Mahon Point!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement