Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go on New Years Eve

Options
  • 12-12-2007 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi, im not from Limerick but myself and my friends are going down on New Years Eve for a change of scene. Could anyone suggest a good spot for pubbin n clubbin??? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

My suggestion is to go out early, very early.
    Went out last year and the year before and its just insane the crowds of people.
    Clohessys and the sin bin or else Nancys-flannerys-smyths then icon are really the main
    places people go out.
    There is also Trinnity Rooms but thats for 18-21 year olds who only wear Ralph Lauren and or Tommy Hilfiger ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

i would recommend a crate of Biere D'Or from tescos, 40 fags and a crowd of mates
    Best way to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

i would recommend a crate of Biere D'Or from tescos, 40 fags and a crowd of mates
    Best way to do it

+1 <--- Done that a couple of years ago, best New Years since i was 18!

Was at the Mill Bar last year, wasn't too crowded, had some sort of space to ourselves, but it's a bahstard to get a taxi back in for clubbin purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't bother going out on New Year's Eve anymore. Paying stupid prices to queue up at overcrowed places only to get in to queue up again at the bar and cloakroom. The city centre also tends to be messy and taxis are generally hard to get after midnight.

Probably of no help to the OP but a house party is probably the best way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

age group??

music prefs??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Were al in the 23-24 yr old age brackets. Pretty easy goin when it comes to music, prob chart n all the usual stuff. Thanks 4 al the help so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

we stay at home. it's really insane outside on that night. don't want to be seen amongst those lunatics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

best thing to do is get a gang of ye, book into a hotel with a bar, quality hotels tend to be good, and stay there for the night. Greatest crack ever

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If ye want to do the sardines in a can thing try Mollys on Ellen Street or Icon on Denmark Street...I don't frequent Icon all that often, but I imagine there's a lot of places gonna be packed this year, just like every year.

Try Groody Bar in Castletroy...outta the city but plenty of B&Bs around and unlikely to be sarsdined in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Trinners usually goes all out for New Years but it will be absolutely mobbed. You might even have to buy tickets beforehand

• Advertisement
Advertisement