Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New site - any comments appreciated

Options
  • 12-12-2007 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Folks,
    Just finished a site I've been working on for a while. todayinwork.com is a grouphug-ish site that allows people to post work stories, musings or any other thing they feel they might like to share to the world.

Its only in beta but any thoughts / feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    John
    www.todayinwork.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

Are you not missing a trick by not letting people comment on postings? You need to have some kind of interaction.

Its a good idea, keep at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 John_flood73

think it nice & clean. though i also think u need to allow people post on previous posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnmaccarthy

Hi leftofcentre & John

Very much appreciate the feedback so far. I was unsure whether to allow replies or not, I was initially going for the clean, one post no more feature but on your feedback I will change the site to allow people to reply.

Thanks again for taking the time to check it out,

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnmaccarthy

The comment posting functionality is now in. Berating or congratulating your fellow working man and woman is now possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

I like it. Maybe a rating system, like thumbs up/thumbs down, to determine which are the most popular?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I'd recommend making the comments viewable on the front page rather than having to click into them. This way people can get more in to the banter.

Advertisement