Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So i got a Wii but gamestop have given me a bad aftertaste....

Options
  • 12-12-2007 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

just wondering do people have any rights in this situation(ie me :)) i bought the wii with wii play and nunchuck for 390 euro today from Gamestops new store in Ballincollig,Cork.

the reason the price is high is because they added in a little self made package containing attachments for the wii remote(ie Tennis racket, baseball bat, golf club) the receipt says this cost 30 euro even though i didnt ask for it.(this was obviously done for more profit) do i have a right to return the attachments and get back 30 euro....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Don't think so. I believe they have the right to sell the consoles only as a bundle if they want. They obviously have to tell you about this before hand. They probably had a load of those crappy sports add ons and wanted to get rid of them so they bundled them with the console.

If you had gone into Virgin you would have had to get 5 games with the console. So I was told recently anyway. Apparantly they will only sell the console as part of a bundle with 5 games,with the price coming to nearly €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

yeah but they didnt tell anyone. they just said 300 euro for the console or bugger off. i might just chance returning the attachments, give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    yeah but they didnt tell anyone. they just said 300 euro for the console or bugger off. i might just chance returning the attachments, give it a go.

How do you mean they didnt tell you? Did they not say "it's 390 for the console, wii play , the nunchuk and sports add ons"? Or did they say "it's 390 for the console, wii play, nunchuk " and then just chuck in the sports gear? either way I dotn see a problem. If its the former, they cleary laid out what you were getting and you accepted. If it's the latter you got the sports add ons thrown in for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Why don't you wait til after christmas and return them saying the "grannie" bought one as a prezzie for you and you don't need two, worst could happen is store credit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

not the worst idea ive ever heard but ive already set it up. Stekelly, they said 300 for the console but didnt say anything about the attachments although the attachments are down on the receipt for 30 euros. surely theres something wrong about doing that although i know its not the worst scam out there. ive seen game selling the wii with Mario and Sonic, Rayman Rabbits and some other Toss game with the console for about 450, claiming its the "Deluxe" pack sigh.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement