Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

heavy heavy unse unse...

• 12-12-2007 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭

what is the biggest unse unse skanger track around?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ha ha, what a question!
    I always linked real skanger music to that hip hop rubbish u hear blasting out of car sub woofers these days...but maybe I am just getting old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Look no further than anything by DJ Rankin - the bastard child of the very very worst bedroom djs in the world. He takes a track, speeds it up, and adds completely out of time accapellas over the top. And skangers seem to love this **** banging out of their cars. I'd personally die with the shame if I was ever seen listening to that while out cruising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

L'amour toujours or Adagio for Strings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dj Sammy or Cascada

Or Irish Clubland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Dj Cammy and Dj Pulse
    And +1 for Irish Clubland or anyother Clublands out there. ughh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Music to drive mitsubishi colts to?

Look no further than Tiesto - Traffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

lads have you all gone mental the ultimate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWRQ_In1KBA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

PeakOutput wrote: »
    lads have you all gone mental the ultimate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWRQ_In1KBA

ah yes, I was just about to mention HP Baxter and the boyeeees! Serving skobe music for the past decade...'Hyper Hyper!!' :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

jimi_t wrote: »
    Music to drive mitsubishi colts to?

Look no further than Tiesto - Traffic

Its a decent tune, it must be said. Tiesto merely attracts the wrong type in droves in this country, hence the rep. Ill never forget wrecking it in the Point at a Godskitchen years back when it got played (yeah....skangers....Godskitchen....Im not doing well here am I :D )

Any of that Irish clubland sh1te, Bobby Joe or Special D. Cant bate a bit of bleedin schooter budd.....

shane86 wrote: »
    Its a decent tune, it must be said. Tiesto merely attracts the wrong type in droves in this country, hence the rep. Ill never forget wrecking it in the Point at a Godskitchen years back when it got played (yeah....skangers....Godskitchen....Im not doing well here am I :D )

Its a terrible tune (imo), even as far as trance goes, I love some of the old trance circa 97/98/99, im sure the kiddies love "Cccccchestooooo" but that tune is gash (imo)

No offence shane!

The lads are right, Mitsubushi Colt Music!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Theres nothing worse than music snobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

No, there's nothing worse than little scobies driving around in their "modded" 1.3 Schtarla's with ****e choooooons belting out the open windows in December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

It should be made a legal requirement : You are only allowed to bang out daycent choons from your car. Any failure to comply will result in the car being seized and burnt out while you watch and scream for your DJ Sammy cd :D

JCDUB wrote: »
    No, there's nothing worse than little scobies driving around in their "modded" 1.3 Schtarla's with ****e choooooons belting out the open windows in December.

Ex-fookin-actly.....

Im not a musical snob, I just used to like **** dance music til I saw the light!!!

JCDUB wrote: »
    shíte tune

According to you? What makes you think you have the capacity to decide what should and shouldnt be played?

"Im not a musical snob, I just used to like **** dance music til I saw the light!!! " - Fieldog

So you were them X-amount of years ago. Let them "progress" (if its even progress moving on to electro/deep tech/house/grime/ electro tech dnb etc etc) like you did.

In the mean time just be quiet.

c0rk3r wrote: »
    According to you? What makes you think you have the capacity to decide what should and shouldnt be played?

"Im not a musical snob, I just used to like **** dance music til I saw the light!!! " - Fieldog

So you were them X-amount of years ago. Let them "progress" (if its even progress moving on to electro/deep tech/house/grime/ electro tech dnb etc etc) like you did.

In the mean time just be quiet.

Dont tell me to be quiet, ill say what I want, its a public messageboard, we're all entitled to our opinions, hence being here posting this.....

Yes, I see where your comin from Cork3r that everyone has to progress, me and the scobies included, JCDUB makes his point validly (maybe a little bluntly for some peoples liking!) and I simply agreed that as a trance song I always found it a bit too heavy..... (IMO)

Going back to the OPs original question, we are talkin about scobie music or Unse Unse music as he was referring to, other musical crimes I can think of, off the top of my head :

4 Rhythm - Maniac
    Area 51 - Epidemic
    Scot Project - Firewire
    Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400 (sorry, always hated it, even the Dave Clarke Mix!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Theres nothing worse than music snobs.

I'm a musical snob and PROUD of it :D

francois wrote: »
    I'm a musical snob and PROUD of it :D

:D

Fieldog wrote: »
    Dont tell me to be quiet, ill say what I want, its a public messageboard, we're all entitled to our opinions, hence being here posting this.....

Apologies. Your 666 post count probably had an adverse affect on me.

Apologies. Your 666 post count probably had an adverse affect on me.

My mother tells me im the spawn of Satan....

Oh well!

:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I'll be honest, there's every possibility I'll look back with disgust on Minimal in about 6 years in the same way that I do now with Happy Hardcore... Feck it, I'm just in it for the bass :D

But its wierd what constitutes 'knacker dance' over the years - I mean, ten years ago you'd have heard some of the greatest trance tunes ever made blaring down the M50

Then, strangely enough, down in Cork about two/three summers ago THE tune you'd hear blaring out of glanzas and other souped up shoeboxes was the gay Italodisco anthem 'Sexy Girl' - can't find the english version on youtube

RedFM had a lot to do with it of course :) Similarly, when HotFM was on the air a couple years back you had a few obscure enough tunes that were really popularised by it

Punchanella - San Transisco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Taste.

You either have it or you don't..

Scobies don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

shane86 wrote: »

im with ya shane, hes got talent ... pity he's been hijacked by the skanger mob.

anything by scooter gets my vote for unce unce classics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I always felt that the Paul Janes remix of lost in love had the potential to be a total scanger anthem, but fortunately they never latched on to that one... (one of my fave tunes of all time)

Advertisement