Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most anticipated games of 2008

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Killzone 2 higher than Mario Kart Wii (with online racing)???

lolololololololol etc etc :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Resident evil 5 is due in 2009 no?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

persona 3 and wild arms 5 out in feb :) cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Resident evil 5 is due in 2009 no?

They haven't announced a specific time frame yet, as such. Takeuchi said 2008, maybe 2009, more likely to be the latter unfortunately.

Still, maybe we'll get a demo next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

PROTOTYPE!!! I absolutely cannot wait for this. Also, GTAIV, Spore and Alan Wake.

Anyone think 2008 is going to match or beat 2007 for games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Burnout Paradise and GTA4 on Xbox 360 ftw.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Forgot about Persona 3. It got rave reviews in the states and is supposed to be something rather special.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retro are you gonna get wild arms 5?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Depends on the reviews. They'd have to be very good before I get it. Wild Arms 1 and 2 are meant to be good but the series has gone down hill since. Haven't much of an interest in the series really.

Just checked there and the reviews seem okay and it's very cheap, might check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Killzone 2 higher than Mario Kart Wii (with online racing)???

lolololololololol etc etc :rolleyes:

i'm assuming that was aimed at me. i didn't list them in order. if i did i've had said so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I've no idea what's lined up to come out next year, hopefully a decent online mmo and Spore. That'd do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Mario Kart Wii
    Wii Fit

and possibly gta if it comes out on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Prototype, it's gonna rock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

OctavarIan wrote: »
    I've no idea what's lined up to come out next year, hopefully a decent online mmo and Spore. That'd do me.

try looking at the first post???

i'm assuming that was aimed at me. i didn't list them in order. if i did i've had said so...

it was aimed at the original post

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

ShaneU wrote: »
    That's the past. Quit living in the past! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Which (as I already pointed out) doesn't actually have any MMO's, unless you count Little Big Planet which is more of a Second LIfe/3d Social Networking type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Blowfish wrote: »
    Which (as I already pointed out) doesn't actually have any MMO's, unless you count Little Big Planet which is more of a Second LIfe/3d Social Networking type thing.

Aye, I don't play console games and I'm not into any of the kind of games on the list in the first post. Should have read the first post before posting at all but tbh I didn't think it would matter in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/inter...s/151148.shtml

2007 has been a vintage year for gaming so let's have a look at some of the games due out next year:

*snip*
    list was here
    *snip*

which are you most looking forward to?

About four or five from that list at most, Resident Evil 5, Mario Kart Wii & Smash Bros Brawl, Starcraft 2, left 4 dead and...erm...spore. Thats about it. If the others never got released it'd be fine with me.

Although i'm only looking forward to spore because the entire internet will implode when this game is released and the hype around it will give way to what'll probably be an ambitious but flawed game.
    The amount of bitching will probably be one of the best things about it.

I await the flamefests, pop-corn in hand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I agree. Spore is shaping up to be the next Black & White.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You really should have played DMC 3 then. It was an absolutely massive improvement on DMC 1 (DMC 2 never happened, what a load of arse that game was). It's arguably better than Ninja Gaiden. Also from the last videos of both games DMC 4 looks like a much better game.
    Having just finished DMC3 for the first time the other day (and absolutely loving it) should I bother playing DMC and DMC2 or just hold out until DMC4 and watch the youtube cutscenes from the latter? I don't have a PS2 yet but will be picking one up soon to catch up on some older games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

I hope Mafia 2 is out for 08, just for multiplayer alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

gizmo wrote: »
    Having just finished DMC3 for the first time the other day (and absolutely loving it) should I bother playing DMC and DMC2 or just hold out until DMC4 and watch the youtube cutscenes from the latter? I don't have a PS2 yet but will be picking one up soon to catch up on some older games...

1 is worth getting, but 2 is a bit pants. I haven't played 1 for ages though, so it may have aged a bit...

I wouldn't bother with either DMC 1 or 2. DMC 2 is utter pants. DMC 1 was great for it's time since it was the first good game on the PS2 and finally convinced me to buy one. However I'm guessing it would have aged badly. The PAL conversion is notoriously terrible (Capcom started doing proper 60Hz support because of the uproar over this game) and DMC 3 is such a massive improvement on DMC 1 that it would be a huge step down. Also remember DMC 1 feeling a little rushed especially how you have to fight all the bosses 3 times, in particular Nightmare who is an absolute nightmare to beat. The cocky arrogant Dante of DMC 3 is also a much better character.

Anyway DMC 1 isn't noted for it's story. It was just an excuse to kick demon ass. I'm sure DMC 2 isn't considered canon since Shinji Mikami had nothing to do with it and was pretty angry with how it turned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Nice one, thanks guys. I'd say between DMC3 and the anime I should be fine for DMC4. Just need to find out what happened to Vergil and I'll be happy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Heavy Rain would be number 1 for me its from the same people who made omicron:the nomad soul and farenheit.

followed by metal gear solid 4,fable 2,fallout 3 and lost odessey

I'm afraid Lost odyssey is going to be a stinker, the combat is too simplistic, even more simplistic than blue dragon.

I'm afraid Lost odyssey is going to be a stinker, the combat is too simplistic, even more simplistic than blue dragon.

Awful combat in FFVII never hurt that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 harry92

HAZE looks unreal :D

Advertisement