Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL download limits...

Options
  • 12-12-2007 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Can anyone confirm that ntl counts both download and upload into the limit?

They are becoming really anal about download limits lately, suspending people left and right.

If they really count both traffics I think it's not really worth being with them all.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I don't think NTL have ever confirmed it, but I know both times they warned me they appeared to include my uploads and downloads in the total that they advised me I hit,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Cabaal wrote: »
    I don't think NTL have ever confirmed it, but I know both times they warned me they appeared to include my uploads and downloads in the total that they advised me I hit,

Thanks Cabaal,

I researched some more and yep, looks like they count both down and up.

Stupid if you ask me, cuts your limit in half, especially if you seed. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sukhumvit

Were you much higher than the allowed limit when they warned you ? And how to they warn, email or letter ?

I go much higher almost every months and never got warned, or they are sending emails to an address I never check...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's upload and download - I explicitly asked this when I was enquiring about their package. The salesman reckoned that it was about 1:3 upload:download ratio and, knowing that's complete nonsense for seeding, I still used it as a guideline to allow myself about 1GB a day on their 40GB package. I sometimes go over, sometimes below, and if they're e-mailing me about it I won't know as I've never checked my ntl e-mail addy..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

letter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Are these letters all recent?

I got one a couple of years ago, have moved house since but not far at all. Thankfully nothing since.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Are these letters all recent?

I got one a couple of years ago, have moved house since but not far at all. Thankfully nothing since.

I've not heard of any being sent out in about a year,
    I got two warning letters in late 2006/ early 2007

Advertisement