Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new brand for running

• 12-12-2007 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I missed the marathon expo in Dublin in October and my friend Ger got some lovely tops and tights for very reasonable price.
    the brand was called craft and was very good quality.anyone know can u buy it in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭daveyrovers

Hey I suppose everyone is different but I got a running top off them at the marathon expo and I found it cheap and nasty!

Aldi do some good running gear if you're looking for something cheap I'd wait till January until they do their running gear. The Craft stuff is Cheap alright but very poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Redgraffle

Got a craft jacket and its great... I think they were reduced in price for the marathon expo but are normally just as expensive as the other main running brands... As far as I know the are stocked in the new running shop on Parnell Street if you wanna check them out...

Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

I picked up a really light Craft running jacket and leggings at the Expo in 06 and although I have very similar styled Asics and Nike tops the Craft is my fav. I think the gear I got is good quality gear and wouldn't call it cheap and nasty. As far as I can remember it was an English group selling the Craft gear.

I think Craft are Scandanavian. I tried all over the country for them last winter and found nothing but I haven't been to the new shop on Parnell St yet. What's the name of that shop?

Here's a link to a Craft website.

Agree with you Clum... The craft running jacket is my fav bit of running gear at the moment... I actually got a long sleeve running tee as well and thats quite good too. The cheap and nasty tag is anwarranted as far as I'm concerned...

I was chatting to the guy at the expo and they are Swedish. The new shop on Parnell Street is beside Cyclezone (I think its called Runningzone or sonething like that...)

Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭daveyrovers

maybe i should qualify my remark. I made the beginners mistake of buying a nice t-shirt and jacket at the marathon expo. i used the t-shirt at the marathon and got really bad chaffing under the arms and nipples. The stitching on the jacket came away after two or three runs. In comparison the gear I got in Aldi on the advice from this forum is perfect.

• Advertisement

I'm suprised to hear about the stitching on the jacket - fingers crossed the same doesn't happen to mine.... maybe you were just unlucky with the one you bought !!!

I relation to wearing a new t shirt for the first time in a marathon well I think you know the answer to that one...... try it out a few more times on easy runs and see how it holds up...

I'm still well impressed with the craft gear I got but the proof of the pudding is in the eating so come back to me after all the winter miles have been done and see if I still feel the same about them...

Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 trihard

This brings up a question for me; does anybody have a recoomendation for where you can get good running gear. Either on-line or in a store .... i am not talking about runners but leggin's, shorts andn more importantly good running tops for winter running?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Start Fitness do some nice tops and usually have a few offers on the go. I've ordered off them a few times, mainly Ronhill stuff but last time I got some of their moremile brand and found it quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Yeah, anything other than cotton is usually pretty good. Anyone ever use the lowe alpine base layers for running, especially when it's cold like it is these days?
    Donal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I use one of those Helly Hansen thermals with the stripy sleeves on bitterly cold nights. Keeps me really warm and you don't notice you're wearing it like the way you would with a running jacket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

At the moment I'm running with a helly and a high vis over it.

At the moment I'm buying a lot of stuff off wiggle.co.uk. I also pick up quite a few good bits in TK maxx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

I was lucky enough to have an hour in a Decathlon store in France earlier this year, and bought a year's worth of running gear, and day-to-day clothes, for 200 euro. Their running shirts are fantastic, and at 5 euro, amazing value. Of course, location, location, location is the key, and the Loire valley is a-ways to travel for T-shirts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

I wouldn't buy craft if it was 75% off in a sale today:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lindab

I think it's personal preference when it comes to running brands.
    asics is the main brand in Ireland but yet in America Brooks is only 3% behind asics at the moment.Not many people in ireland would have heard of Brooks outside of running.
    I personally don't like addidas running shoes but doesn't mean they are crap.
    Nike seem to have drifted away from grassroots of the sport but their clothing is fantastic.
    I got a Craft base layer for the winter last week and didnt get 75% of unfortunatley:p but it keeps me snug on my runs without getting over heated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 the sleepwalker

You wont see any world class athletes at a golden league race or next years olympics wearing craft

No good running shops sell craft as i've been in Buckleys in Cork only last week and recently up in Dublin in Mick Dowlings or Arnotts and didn't see any..Surely they wern't sold out "i dont think so"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lindab

craft sponsored athlete mustafa Mohamed finished second in the mens Euorpean Championships.

Advertisement