Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leasing woes

Options
  • 12-12-2007 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭

First off would anyone be able to pm me Sherry fitz's pps/rsi number. If you are renting through them you should have it so you can get tax back.

Next, I and a few others a leasing a house through a well known housing network. There is a leak in a shower upstairs and I currently have water dripping down into my sitting room. Its not a massive amount, about 5 pints came down last night, and had my laptop been 3 inches to the left it could have been destroyed. I rang the office, yesterday and was told the leasing agent would get back to me. She didnt. I had her email address from a previous encounter and sent her an email yesterday evening, which she can pick up via her blackberry, but got no reply. She was out of the office today, but will be back tomorrow(apparently). The last time something went wrong, my house mate had to ring the office every hour on the hour for 6 hours until the agent magically appeared back from her walking trip of europe and dealt with the issue. I dont want to have to do the same in this case.

On top of the water issue, I am having to touch type this post as the light does not work in the sitting room, leaving me in darkness, the dryer needs to run about 3 times to properly dry clothes, and only one phone socket in the house works. These issues have been raised with the agent before, but we have heard nothing yet.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should do next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

It's not the letting agent's PPS number you need, it's the actual landlord's. Try to get this from the letting agent, if they're not complying then send your application for rent relief off without it, and let the revenue find out the rest, which they will.

If it was me I'd get the leak seen to and then get the landlord via the agent to foot the bill. They are responsible for it. How attached are you to the property? Are you getting a good price on the rent? If you have no real inclination to stay then consider leaving. EAs are a nightmare to deal with when thing go wrong, it's far easier to be in a place with no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Well I have been in the house 2 years and tbh I love the house, even when its a bit damp.

The rent is ok for the area aswell.

Ill talk to my Gf and will think about getting it fixed myself, I am just concerned if I pay for the work, I will never see the house. I could vote with my feet and move, but Sherry, err I mean the agent will just find someone else for the rooms and that will be it.

Any ideas for another route?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

syklops wrote:
    Any ideas for another route?

Yes. Contact the PRTB.

S.

Advertisement