Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski Insurance

• 12-12-2007 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey,

Just wondering where everyone has bought their insurance for their ski trips? I'm heading to Zell Am See this year and am delighted to see the snow fall on the slopes every day via webcam. Before I've gone with the VHI annual travel insurance + winter sports option but annualmultitrip.com are quoting me a price of €36.99 for the annual travel insurance with wintersports. I think that they are underwritten by Axa and are considerable cheaper but I am anxious to get a decent level of cover what with being an intermediate skiier with Olympic ambitions (in my head:D) oh and quite accident prone!!!

Sara

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 big_ron

hiya .. was hoping to get some tips on the same topis, any one any advise on this ?

cheers,
    g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Neilthefunkee1

ive never got an annual policy.. We have our insurance wit AIG this year. just covers the week, 18 euro. reading through the policy it covers fairly everything, even resort shutdowns!! hopefully wont need to claim on that..

whatever you do dont go wot getcover.ie... bunch o shams in my book.. we put in a claim wit them.. firstly sdaid they never received the claim.. sent it agian.. no response.. got in contact with them.. said they needed a report from rep of resort.. told them i sent it already.. said they never received the info AGAIN.. then just told me i wasn covered.. was not pleased wit them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

... even resort shutdowns!! hopefully wont need to claim on that..

Touch wood we wont be claiming - im blaming you if there's no snow - putting the mockers on the weather like that :mad:
    :D

Snow Gods - dont listen to him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

http://www.travelinsurance.ie/ski/

their insurance covers off piste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭jimdev

I've always found www.getcover.com to be very reasonable.

They're who we use for the UCD ski trip they work out almost a third of the price of buying insurance through our tour operator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

jimdev wrote: »
    I've always found www.getcover.com to be very reasonable.

They're who we use for the UCD ski trip they work out almost a third of the price of buying insurance through our tour operator.

But have you ever had to claim off them?
    No point in being cheap, if when you have an accident or whatever, they don't pay up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭jimdev

I haven't personally had to claim off getcover but statistics inevitably being what they are, we have had several accidents on trips I have organised. Claiming off this crowd does involve a bit of jumping through hoops: they wanted travel details for everyone in the group off the person trying to claim, even thought they were not privy to this information. Obviously I sent the necessary info on to people who were claiming for medical expenses but I was slow about doing it and they were slow about asking for it and then forwarding it so I think it took most people a good while to get the cash. If you were well organised, I don't think there is a problem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I currently have my insurance with Ace for €55 a year.

Didn't have to make a claim with them this year though as I was "walking" wounded and on turning up at the medical center in the resort they just asked me for my VHI number straight away and it was all sorted without any effort on my part. VHI also sorted out the extra seats on the plane for the return trip, ambulance to get me from resort to the airport (which was a bit excessive admitedly) and a taxi to pick me up from Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I use ACE for most trips but never skiing - never had to make a claim either but so far so good. They offer really good prices if you already have VHI (through work or what not)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Went with Ace when i was in the states a few years back there a complete Joke all my bag's were stolen and same again i sent in claim forms but they kepth saying they didnt receve them even after i sent by reg post.
    Went with VHI after that.

http://www.travelinsurance.ie/ski/ Sounds good

• Advertisement
Advertisement