Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DEC 15, 2007] Practical Competition, Hilltop

• 12-12-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi Guys Hilltop is having its Christmas practical pistol shoot on Saturday 15 Dec. :D

The shoot starts at 10am, with squading in advance.

If you have a competition licence and would like to attend please call Pat Cooke on 01 2818025 or 086 2502201.

There will be food on the day and they have even booked good weather. :rolleyes:

There will be paper and steels challenge.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭MortgageMan

Hi Guys

There is a Practical Pistol Comp on in Hilltop this Saturday at 10am.

If anyone would like to enter please call Pat at 01 2818025 / 086 2502201.

Should be a great day with a mix of IPSA targets and steels challenge. :D

If you are interested in Practical and would like to learn about the different types of pistols this is the place to see them in action.

By the way you can't beat a sig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Nope but you could probably beat someone with one, HUGE!!! bloody things :D

*I have nothing of value to add to this thread*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Unfortunately it's clashing with the 'Steel Challenge' at MNSCI, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Just to clarify one point on Johns post , the IPSA does not hold copyright on IPSC targets in the IPSA region , clubs are free to use any targets for IPSA /IPSC approved matches if the targets conform to the rules as set down by IPSC .

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

clubs are free to use any targets for IPSA /IPSC approved matches if the targets conform to the rules as set down by IPSC

Does that include the invisible ones to the left of the IPSC targets - they keep giving me misses but it's just coz nobody else can see them.

B'Man

• Advertisement

Remember what the doctors said, they are not all out to get you, just some of them.

And most important of all keep taking the tablets, by the way Guinness do's not pass for medication. :D

Hi Macnas is the steel challenge still on at Midlands ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

This sounds cool.. I've done a little .22 rifle shooting in college and I'd like to see what Practical Pistol is about. Is there a fee for spectators/newbies who come along? Come to think of it, are there even spectators allowed? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Best bet is to call Pat@Hilltop - Details at http://www.pcquad.com

Obviously safety is paramount and it will be a live range so whether or not spectators are allowed will depend on having people to "mind" them.

Pat will be confirm for you.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Dr_Teeth wrote: »
    This sounds cool.. I've done a little .22 rifle shooting in college and I'd like to see what Practical Pistol is about. Is there a fee for spectators/newbies who come along? Come to think of it, are there even spectators allowed? :)

Wont be a problem once it's known in advance, eye and ear protection must be warn at ALL times on the range.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

Dr_Teeth wrote: »

Dr. Teeth,

If you're interested in IPSC (practical shooting) take a look at the IPSA (Irish Practical Shooting Association) website www.ipscireland.org. IPSA is the governing body for IPSC in Ireland (check out "about IPSC" section on website). In competition licence section you will see contact details for Paul Daly (IPSC Training). You can mail him on dalyirl@hotmail.com. He will fill you in regarding the requirements for IPSC shooting. Hopefully in the near future I will get more information on the site regarding the training aspects of IPSC.

To shoot IPSC matches in Ireland you need to have reached a minimum safety and competance level before you can compete at registered matches. IPSA run courses (2 days) in IPSC pistol shooting. If you pass the course you are issued a competition licence which allows you to compete internationally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Hi Packas,

I note from the Practical pistol website, in the rules section, that you must have a pistol licence to join. It would be hard to get a licence for a pistol from our dear supers by saying that you intend to join the club after he grants the licence would it not?

I understand that you have to be a member of a pistol club to be granted the licence and in any sane country that should be enough to keep the powers that be happy. But with supers up and down the country refusing people even with club memberships I would of taught it would be a help to have membership of the pratical pistol club as well if thats what the person wanted to use the pistol for.

Did I pick it up wrong here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭coffeepot

I am a bit confused here. Some people tell me that you need a “competition licence” to compete in all practical shooting competitions, other people tell me you only do for some.

What is the story??

Can I just turn up and take part?

I am a member of a registered club, I have my own firearm and insurance etc. I can get a written reference (to say that I can handle a firearm safely) from a committee member. I am very experienced etc.

coffeepot wrote: »
    I am a bit confused here. Some people tell me that you need a “competition licence” to compete in all practical shooting competitions, other people tell me you only do for some.

What is the story??

Can I just turn up and take part?

I am a member of a registered club, I have my own firearm and insurance etc. I can get a written reference (to say that I can handle a firearm safely) from a committee member. I am very experienced etc.

Hi Coffeepot,
    The only practical pistol competitions that you need a competition licence for are ones that are sanctioned shoots that are run strictly by the IPSC rules. Individual clubs can run IPSC style shoots for their members and guests. These shoots are managed solely by the club and have no link to IPSA (governing IPSC body in Ireland). At these shoots it's the club officials who make the decision of who can shoot the competition.

In my view the advantage of the competition licence is that it's for want of a better word an IPSC "passport" that allows you to shoot internationally in competitions.

With regard to your question as to whether you can turn up & shoot. I hope you now understand the answer to that i.e. it depends if it's a club IPSC style shoot or a sanctioned IPSC shoot run strictly to the IPSC rules.

I hope this helps?

Pat

chem wrote: »
    Hi Packas,

I note from the Practical pistol website, in the rules section, that you must have a pistol licence to join. It would be hard to get a licence for a pistol from our dear supers by saying that you intend to join the club after he grants the licence would it not?

I understand that you have to be a member of a pistol club to be granted the licence and in any sane country that should be enough to keep the powers that be happy. But with supers up and down the country refusing people even with club memberships I would of taught it would be a help to have membership of the pratical pistol club as well if thats what the person wanted to use the pistol for.

Did I pick it up wrong here?

Hi Chem,
    Just to clarify IPSA is not a club. It's the governing body for IPSC in Ireland. But as IPSC becomes more popular clubs will be the main driver of running competitions. Currently IPSC is so young in Ireland all sanctioned shoots at the moment are run by the IPSA committee. Hopefully as more clubs take up IPSC shooting they themselves will run santioned IPSC shoots. Initially it had to be IPSA itself running competitions as they have the expertise.

I hope this makes sense??

Pat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

packas wrote: »
    Dr. Teeth,

If you're interested in IPSC (practical shooting) take a look at the IPSA (Irish Practical Shooting Association) website www.ipscireland.org. IPSA is the governing body for IPSC in Ireland (check out "about IPSC" section on website). In competition licence section you will see contact details for Paul Daly (IPSC Training). You can mail him on dalyirl@hotmail.com. He will fill you in regarding the requirements for IPSC shooting. Hopefully in the near future I will get more information on the site regarding the training aspects of IPSC.

To shoot IPSC matches in Ireland you need to have reached a minimum safety and competance level before you can compete at registered matches. IPSA run courses (2 days) in IPSC pistol shooting. If you pass the course you are issued a competition licence which allows you to compete internationally.

Hi Packas, thanks for this info I'll check that site out. I think I'm a long way from competing right now as I don't own a firearm. :) I'm going to this competition tomorrow to have a look-see anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tomla1966

Hi Guys

There is a Practical Pistol Comp on in Hilltop this Saturday at 10am.

If anyone would like to enter please call Pat at 01 2818025 / 086 2502201.

Should be a great day with a mix of IPSA targets and steels challenge. :D

If you are interested in Practical and would like to learn about the different types of pistols this is the place to see them in action.

And a great day was had by all!!!!!!!!! Well run In Safety In Hospitality In Competition... An all round winner! Hats off to Pat an all involved in the Day....(lovely venison Burgers)....Results i am sure will be available from club members.

Advertisement