Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless installation prob: eircom/trendnet

• 27-11-2004 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

Ok, I have eircom bb and windows xp pro. Today I bought a trendnet 802.11b router and similarly a trendnet wireless pci card. I've spent the last 5 hours trying everything I could possibly think of and followed every last instruction as best I could with no result.
    Basically this (summarised) is how far I've got:
    I've connected the modem to the WAN port in the router via ethernet. Then (following the instructions) connected one of the other router ports to my laptop via ethernet also. Put in a given ip address into the web browser and went about configuring the router. Alot of it I didn't get, MAC address etc. But the ones that seemed like they needed to be put in were already put in, so I just kept clicking next and then finish. That finished I unplugged the cable and put in the pci card. Installed that, followed it's intsructions to set it up. Delighted when it picked up a signal I tried to work my web browser. Nope can't find google. "Hmm ok", went through all the cards configuration settings, seemed to match up with the instructions (bar enabling encryption, didn't do that) and the router settings. Checked the router led lights, all the ones that should be on are on, same with (netopia) modem. Went to the network connections >> wirelss >> properties >> internet protocols >> properties: and they are all detection IP and DNS automatically which is what they're supposed to be doing (according to instructions)..
    Went to setup internet connection and chose manual>>bb that doesn't require dial up etc..
    Still no web-browser working :(

Any help you geniuss could give me would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

Advertisement