Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cornrows (braiding) - can anybody reccommend where to get them done in dublin city?

Options
  • 12-12-2007 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Hi can anybody recommend a good place to get these done? My son got some in last summer in Moore St but they fell out within the week, he wants them done for Christmas (his hair is longer now)

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Is he white?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

ha yes he is white but they look great on him, i think he wants to test out his school's equality policy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

no white person can pull these off, it's biologically impossible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

carolmon wrote: »
    ha yes he is white but they look great on him, i think he wants to test out his school's equality policy :)

Well i hope the school kick him out on his ear,school's not a fashion parade for wiggers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd say some of the African shops and salons should be able to do them for him.

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    Well i hope the school kick him out on his ear,school's not a fashion parade for wiggers.

hi Degsy
    who said he's a wigger?
    It's a hairstyle FFS

i hope the school kick him out on his ear.

A bit of an extreme reaction to my humour, it was my joke in response to rb.ie asking was he white, which btw has absolutely no relevance to the question I originally asked.

It certainly does bear relevance tbh.

how the hell is it relevant?

I asked for info as to WHERE to get them done, not if you thought it was a good look on white people,

anyway thanks to Spurious as the only person who bothered to answer the question.

It's relevant because they look completely ridiculous on white kids and everyone who's posted to that tune is trying to do you a favour.

Go down to the afro-carribean end of Parnell Street and there's a barbers there, go in and ask for cornrows. I'd imagine you'll get quite the reaction.

• Advertisement

rb_ie wrote: »
    It's relevant because they look completely ridiculous on white kids and everyone who's posted to that tune is trying to do you a favour.

if you bothered to fully read my first post rb.ie you would see that he has already had them done this summer, but the stylist was not very good and they fell out in a week.

I know Moore St is good for this but was hoping somebody could personally rec a stylist or shop.

so thanks for the "favour" but your opinion on how they look is not of any interest to me.

BTW if somebody posted in this forum asking for recommendations for a good chinese restaurant would you expect the first response to be "Are you Chinese, otherwise don't bother"

That about sums up the quality of the thinking in the main here (bar Spurious)

Pity, I have been reading this forum and enjoyed the posts and thought it was a helpful group but anyways..........

And BTW rb.ie there was no negative reaction in the shop, everybody isn't closed minded in life these days.

Why would you wnat to send a kid to school looking so ridiculous anyway?They're supposed to be in school to learn,not to show off thier latest Ali-g-wannabe hairstyle.I'd imagine any school worth its salt would send him home straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

microsoft_werd.jpg

OP, braidz is fo' de blackman dude.

Mairt wrote: »
    microsoft_werd.jpg

OP, braidz is fo' de blackman dude.

Dem sho' is!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

carolmon wrote: »
    everybody isn't closed minded in life these days.

ah, take it easy. They are only having a laugh. Post up a pick, proove to us how good he looks...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Ok folks this is out of line,carolmon asked a genuine question on were to get a certain hair style done.It has nothing to do with how any person looks.So if you don't have anything helpful to add then do not reply,this is not after hours.

You have been warned.

Dub13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

It might not have been the stylist's fault. Cornrows & the like don't generally last as long in white people's hair because it's too slick to hold them (I speak from experience).

Advertisement