Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG or carphonewarehouse or O2 won't repair phone!!

• 12-12-2007 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

LG or carphonewarehouse or O2 won't repair my sisters phone that is still under warranty because it was "customer damaged"!! its been gone for 5 weeks and they only told her that they won't fix it when she went into them to find out about, eventhough i rang them up about it 2 weeks ago to see if it had been fixed and they said it was ready to be sent back!

any advice on what can be done about this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What sort of customer damage is it?

What shop did you send it back to for repair? O2/CPW/LG repair centre?

You can argue it and ask them to check again.
    You could try and send it to another repair centre.
    Try bringing it to an O2 shop to have them try send it for repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

she was in work charging the phone and her boss tripped over the cable and broke the input.

she brought it to CPW and they sent it off to LG in enland.

o2 said that they don't fix LG phones and to bring it to the nokia repair centre, so she desided to bring it to CPW because she bought it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This then isn't a manufacturing fault. This is you breaking your phone (or something else breaking it). Their judgement would appear to be correct based on what you've said.

"her boss tripped over the cable and broke the input"
    Don't complain here. You're at fault. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thats in no way covered under repair or warranty so its just tough luck i'm afraid, id get her to make her boss buy her a new one, if you bought a car and then crashed it you wouldnt expect ford or honda to fix it now would you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

allen175 wrote: »
    LG or carphonewarehouse or O2 won't repair my sisters phone that is still under warranty because it was "customer damaged"!! its been gone for 5 weeks and they only told her that they won't fix it when she went into them to find out about, eventhough i rang them up about it 2 weeks ago to see if it had been fixed and they said it was ready to be sent back!

Lets just get things straight here - the phones warranty only covers breakdowns caused by manufacturing faults with hardware or software which cause the phone to go wrong of its own accord. The LG phone or carphonewarehouse did not break itself of its own accord - you've admitted someone did it, hence customer damage. Why would they fix it?

This is why some phone shops and networks offer insurance - to cover things not covered by warranty. I'd say ask your sisters boss for cash, once wire's weren't trailing irresponsibly across the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

allen175 wrote: »

Nothing, it was not the manufacturer's fault the phone broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

ok, yeah we know it was her and her bosses fault, but she really likes the phone, they could have at least rang her up to ask her if she still wanted it fixed at a cost!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

This is why we have phone insurance.

Advertisement