Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokyo Marui Mag F*cked out of box

Options
  • 12-12-2007 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

My gf bought me a kjw m9 and a spare mag off ehobbyasia, and the spare mag was a TM brand one.

The kjw mag works grand, but the TM one wont take gas, I can feel gas escaping when I try to fill it, and it wont cycle the gun properly.

So whats wrong with it?

Is the fill valve broken as when I try to fill it it loses gas as I fill, but holds it when Im done.

The kjw mag doesnt have this issue.

Wtf?:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

id say its the valve alright., but be careful if you order a new one becasue i think the TM one has a different valve to the KJW/HFC/Bell etc., did you try removing the valve and looking for anything obvious.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

vtec wrote: »
    id say its the valve alright., but be careful if you order a new one becasue i think the TM one has a different valve to the KJW/HFC/Bell etc., did you try removing the valve and looking for anything obvious.,

I did, couldnt see anything.

When I fill it I can hear a fwosh of gas come out as it fills, can feel it too.

Is it just the valve then?

I may do a for sale thread and offload it to a more knowledgeable person.

Its brand new.

No pms though please I will trade only in the thread. (for sale thread upcoming)

I'll get a kjw mag instead, feck tm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

try removing all the valves and greasing them? should help

also, ensure the valve's o-rings are seated correctly

kdouglas wrote: »
    try removing all the valves and greasing them? should help

also, ensure the valve's o-rings are seated correctly

Seated?

I removed the valve, o ring seemed canted on threads, moved it, still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

when you try to fill the mag, what's happening, is the gas just spewing back out?

what are you using to fill it? propane, green gas etc?

are you sure it's not just a case of the pin isnt fitting the fill valve properly, maybe try a bit of grease around the tip of the gas to get a better seal, or make sure you are holding them perfectly straight, some mags can be pick about how the gas tip is aligned?

• Advertisement

It will fill some gas, but alot escapes during filling.

Subsequently when fired the gas is low pressure and wont cycle the gun.

Its green gas in a proper can.

Held upright and correctly. (edit: upside down naturally and lined up)
    The other mags I've used have never been like this, so I assume its a fault.

Motosam wrote: »
    It will fill some gas, but alot escapes during filling.

Subsequently when fired the gas is low pressure and wont cycle the gun.

Its green gas in a proper can.

Held upright and correctly.

The other mags I've used have never been like this, so I assume its a fault.

it should be held upside down mate.,

it should be held upside down mate.,

Whoops, Thats what I meant, the thing is lined up and upside down, I wish it was that simple.

oh right., other than that it can only be the valve.,

I need to redo my sig so I stop getting assumed noob syndrome!

Was going to do a pic of all my aegs, gbbs in line, like yours, but for now it looks like I couldnt be bothered because I've no camera!

• Advertisement

lol., i didnt think you were a noob, just by the way you said the can was upright, thought you were filling it wrong, have seen a few people do it.,

lol., i didnt think you were a noob, just by the way you said the can was upright, thought you were filling it wrong, have seen a few people do it.,

Jeasus if I did do that I would deserve to called a noob, no wait, a n00b in fact.

Also I could be accused of being pw3nd by the l337 magazine.

But that would be going too far....

KD offered me a spare valve of his own, bloody nice of him, will have to see if I can get it working, I fear alot of problems may surface when I can actually fill the mag.

So much for buying peace of mind with a TM brand mag.

Should have got a Bell!

Ok latest problem, I sent this magazine back at a cost of 8€, ehobby received it and said it worked grand with a TM but not with a kjw, like mine.

So they asked me to pay shipping to have it returned, but I'm sure its faulty.

The item description stated it was a kjw compatible mag, but by their own admittance its not, I have sent a reply stating this.

They did not get my previous replies via e-mail.

Since I received a message saying indeed it was kjw compatible, and that it worked in their gun.

Whats going on?

Are they trying to do me for postage or has the mag been repaired, or infact replaced or misplaced during testing?

Any advice? Someone who regularly deals with them?

I said I felt it fair shipping would be covered as I've spent a couple of hundred euro with them before and the mag was not as descibed, ie. compatible by their own admittance, but later said it was?

Should I ask if a mistake has been made or try to contact someone else in the company? I dont like to think they would be like this over an aeg or some larger order? :confused:

Latest update.

They are offering to send back the original mag for free, but unless they fixed it it wont work, and at one stage they did say it was incompatible.

I asked if I could get a kjw mag instead, as it would be at least compatible, if lower value and quality.

The responce I got was that I did not return with complete original packaging, and a fee of 5$ would be added AND I would pay postage.

This is made more difficult as my e-mails wont go through so all communication goes through ebay, so they dont see what they said before.

Is there a better e-mail of theirs to use?

I'm sick of my yahoo mail not getting through, for whatever reason.

send from a hotmail account and copy any previous messages from them into the mail. i didnt have any problems with them when i got the wrong gun, the Marui mag should be compatable with the KJW, thats the first time ive heard anything about them not working in other brands.,

send from a hotmail account and copy any previous messages from them into the mail. i didnt have any problems with them when i got the wrong gun, the Marui mag should be compatable with the KJW, thats the first time ive heard anything about them not working in other brands.,

I think it was faulty, they are talking sh1te.

Advertisement