Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Paterson

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

No, just not grasping what the lads are saying to you.

It appeared in UCD BEFORE gonzaga. Somebody who either had friends or family in UCD heard about the Pat stuff in UCD and started doing it in Gonzaga too.

Ya follow?

I gather that now but there was clearly no way i could have known that given that school goes before college.

Ya follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Its what the lads have been trying to tell you, but despite how crystal clear they were being you seemed unable to understand.

Anyway, best of luck in college

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I hear that if you look in the mirror and say his name three times he appears behind you and rapes you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

In a similar way to the Toa, he is undefinable, because to define something is to place limitations on it. He has none

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Has 'Hilpers' finally disappeared from common parlance? It's another of the pre-modularisation UCD vocab items.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I still use it, I refuse point blank to go to the Arts Cafe.... just Hilpers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

In 2001 or so mates of a guy in AgSci started writing abuse about him. Over time it just got out of hand. Thats the sad truth of the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Red Alert wrote: »
    Has 'Hilpers' finally disappeared from common parlance? It's another of the pre-modularisation UCD vocab items.
    I still use it since A) I hang out with a lot of old UCD people and B) it sounds better.

scop wrote: »
    In 2001 or so mates of a guy in AgSci started writing abuse about him. Over time it just got out of hand. Thats the sad truth of the matter.
    heard that aswell, but never from anyone who actually knew a guy called pat patterson. Did you personally know a guy called Pat Patterson in agisci in 2001?

I had always felt it was just a ridiculous name in an piece of graffiti which people thought, hey that is funny. No coincidence that it was at the same time the Hoff and Chuck Norris jokes were flying about

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

I'm Pat Patterson and so is my wife.

and i'm Ironbar and so is my wife.

*football365 allusion?*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Red Alert wrote: »
    I never knew of this Hilpers place, however I can assure you that at least the Forum Bar lives on

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Breezer wrote: »
    I never knew of this Hilpers place

It's what is now called the Arts Cafe. I don't think it's been Hilpers for years, certantly not in my time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Nor in mine but I still like saying it, works much better than the Arts Cafe.

It's like sticking it to UCD and there UCD name changing of everything. (I'm in a defiant move, bear with it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

now i remember where did i see this name...:)the toilet graffiti!

he is everything...i guess?one thing i can comfirm tho,since i know him AT toilet,i am assuming that's where he from.aint?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

heard that aswell, but never from anyone who actually knew a guy called pat patterson.

That's because his name was not Pat Paterson. He was from the class of '01, but I don't think it really caught on until the 2002/2003 session. It was a bunch of civil engineers that did it on their mate for laugh (it started in the eng block), and, as was said above, it caught on.

He was actually a fairly shy guy, and, believe it or not, he was entirely mortified by the whole situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

As far as I recall it was still going strong when I left in 05-06. 04-05 was definately the year of the pat, you couldnt get away from the crafty fecker

"Pat Patterson's philosophy of philosophy is **** philosophy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Breezer wrote: »
    I never knew of this Hilpers place, however I can assure you that at least the Forum Bar lives on

It remians "hilpers" to all and sundry who frequented UCD up till 2003/2004. Beyond that the "arts cafe" took over. Over priced ****hole

cast_iron wrote: »
    That's because his name was not Pat Paterson. He was from the class of '01, but I don't think it really caught on until the 2002/2003 session. It was a bunch of civil engineers that did it on their mate for laugh (it started in the eng block), and, as was said above, it caught on.

He was actually a fairly shy guy, and, believe it or not, he was entirely mortified by the whole situation.
    Ok I dont get it. If his name wasnt Pat Patterson then how was it about him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Oh my god i just went into the library jacks and pat paterson is written around 4 times in 1 cubicule.I didnt know everyones talkin about him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

ah Im in second year and notice last year there was a lot more mentioning of him, the forum bar does live on, although hilpers? wha?

there is another pat-like character in the making that roams the science building............(not science bum) although also a cool guy

it seems this was discussed before

http://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-219176.html

also more pat related info.
    http://http://soundtracksforthem.blogspot.com/2004/09/ucd-toilets-and-cult-ofpat-patterson.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

heard that aswell, but never from anyone who actually knew a guy called pat patterson. Did you personally know a guy called Pat Patterson in agisci in 2001?

I did indeed, or else I'd have passed it off. Though at the time it was a mild joke, and not really expected to be what it is now.

Advertisement