Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What MovieMoment would you want to be in ?

Options
  • 12-12-2007 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Just lounging on the sofa.. talking to the OH when the Christmas music on Sky comes on during some ad-time surfing.. (y'know.. on the channel pages..).. anyhoo I hear a fairly romanticised-but-tinny version of Silent Night..

"Here" I said poking Him in the ribs with my toe.. "How come we never have any Hollywood moments to Christmas music?.. in fact we never have any Hollywood moments.." ... He looks faintly alarmed and concentrates hard on an ancient episode of TopGear..

It's true though.. I'd love a MovieMoment Christmas Eve.. Snow falling gently over perfect winter wonderland of crisp snow.. our dogs running and playing in a well behaved fashion ahead of us .. catching the snowballs we throw.. then under an old fashioned streetlamp that casts a flattering glow over us I look up at him with my nose cutely pink at the end from the cold.. I shake the snow out of my perfectly silky non-frizzy hair and he leans in and kisses me while some kind of romantic christmas music floats out from nowhere...

Then Christmas Eve reality is usually..

Extract two large puppies with ADHD and shades of Asbergers from the Muck Heap at the yard where I keep my delinquent horse.. throw everyone into the car.. drive home.. run out of house 20 mins later being 20mins late to meet friends in pub..then later...

Weave drunkenly home.. clutching equally trashed OH and attempting to eat a Spiceburger and chips without removing gloves for fear of losing hands to frostbite .. squinch up eyes against horizontal rain and to protect from hair which is now a whipped up hedge-y kind of style.. get to lamppost.. watch neighbours' random dog peeing up against it while sniffing unattractively through purple nose.. OH belches and starts laughing.. spend 15mins trying to get key into frontdoor while singing Aul' Lang Syne then after disposing of remainder of food fall into a coma on bed surrounded by the dogs we forgot to lock in the kitchen... :o

Nice.. This Christmas I'm going for Eggnog and a Hollywood moment.. I swear I won't touch the Sambucca...

Whats your Hollywood Fantasy ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Ok, for some strange reason, I love the idea of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.........................

That or I think I would get away with being Glen Close in Fatal Attraction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

Quality wrote: »
    Ok, for some strange reason, I love the idea of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.........................

The ladder bit or the pick up bit.. or .. my favourite.. the idiotic bit with the biting jewel box ? :D:o
    That or I think I would get away with being Glen Close in Fatal Attraction

LOL.. now I'm scared of you... :eek:.. I don't want to know which scene..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

TheB wrote: »

LOL.. now I'm scared of you... :eek:.. I don't want to know which scene..

The riding one of course!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Oh so so many, but don't have time all i will say is....

Officer and a Gentleman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The crucifixion scene from The Life of Brian.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

While I didn't understand the OP, I'd like offer my opinion on my own interpretation:

The scene in the rain from the Notebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Where meg ryan meets tom hanks and realises he's the one who had had the online relationship with her all along and is her one true love in 'youve got mail'

Young Allie: Why didn't you write me? Why? It wasn't over for me, I waited for you for seven years. But now it's too late.
    Young Noah: I wrote you 365 letters. I wrote you everyday for a year.
    Young Allie: You wrote me?
    Young Noah: Yes... it wasn't over, it still isn't over
    [kisses Allie]

LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Jules80 wrote: »
    Young Allie: Why didn't you write me? Why? It wasn't over for me, I waited for you for seven years. But now it's too late.
    [kisses Allie]

LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!

BEST SCENE EVER!!!! love it!!! and him building her that house???

cried like a baby first time i watched that movie. huge gut wrenching snot snivelling tears.

brilliant.

Did you see them win the best kiss at the MTV awards!!!!

I think im actually gonna cry..... I can't help it im just a hopeless softie and romantic!

• Advertisement

Did you see them win the best kiss at the MTV awards!!!!

I think im actually gonna cry..... I can't help it im just a hopeless softie and romantic!

No i missed that but will watch the Youtube clip tonight.

I thought I was going to get sick from crying. Twas brilliant. I think i've watched it 6 times. And yeah I know its not real and its completely Hollywoodified but I still love the romance of it all.

I'm bringing it home with me at Christmas so me and my sister can watch it on our hungover Sunday afternoons. We go through a box of tissues each.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I thought I might choke from crying, alright. Now someone has STOLEN my copy! I'm SO annoyed!

I'm just waiting for some hot guy to pick me up and throw me against the wall like that. Sigh. Tis the dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

[kisses Allie]

LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!

sorry but dont know the movie - what is it?

Sweet Home Alabama in Tiffany's - he goes down on one knee and says pcik a ring. (f*ck that will never happen but wow)

LouOB wrote: »

Sweet Home Alabama in Tiffany's - he goes down on one knee and says pcik a ring. (f*ck that will never happen but wow)

The Notebook. Its fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I love that scene in "The Notebook"! Even my boyfriend loved that scene! It's excellent! However, I choose the Ryan Phillippe/Rease Witherspoon sex scene in "Cruel Intentions".... *Drools*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

LouOB wrote: »

Yep, the sweet home alabama one for me too!
    Or the ladder scene in pretty woman "what happens after he rescues her? She rescues him right back". AWWW!!
    Although, the final scene in satc where big goes to get carrie in paris is a huge fav (even though it's not technically a movie).
    The wedding singer....when adam sandler writes drew barrymore the song on the plane. So cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

just googled the notebook - god i want to cry at the plot alone

I dont usually go for 'tear jerkers' prefer comedies
    Films should entertain not send you into a deep deprression

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

Faith wrote: »
    While I didn't understand the OP, I'd like offer my opinion on my own interpretation:

My own movie moment isn't from one particular film in that post.. just a general idea of a Hollywood scene at Christmas.. think What A Wonderful Life, Miracle On 34th Street etc etc... compared to the (probable) reality..

The Notebook... fantastic! I want to be Allie! and I'm another one for being in the Tiffany scene from Sweet Home Alabama..

Who was it that said about Cruel Intentions ? .. VERY nice choice.. :D .. *driftsoffintofantasyland*

Bx

Anti is sssooo gonna hate all of you, im coming home tonight and curling up on the couch with a box of tissues and watching the first chick flick i can get my hands on.....

The sence in cruel intentions where he is at the top of the stairs thing, and she says
    " im impressed" and he replies with "im in love"

Why can't men be more bloody romantic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Why can't they be more romantic indeed!!! The vast majority of them seem to be romantically challenged!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Lola123 wrote: »
    Why can't they be more romantic indeed!!! The vast majority of them seem to be challenged!:rolleyes:

Fixed that for you there Lola123

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I think its my duty to defend the male population of boards.ie here....
    Don't know if guys are supposed to post to the ladies lounge? but howinever?

Men can be romantic.... for just last week I farted in bed to give her that extra bit of warmth.....:)

ah i think Hollywood gives unreal expections to women. All these grandiose gestures etc.

theres nothing wrong with a little romance but its thoughtfulness that gets me. for valentines my ex gave me flowers, lingerie etc but he also put in a pair of gloves. just a pair from Penneys but i'd lost my gloves and my hands were cold and i kept forgetting to buy new ones. I was more touched by the gloves than any of the other presents.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Id like to be in the 'stereo above the head' scene in Say Anything. In fact in any scene involving John Cusak.

Or can I please be Scarlett Johanssen in Lost in Translation so I would know what Bill Murray says to her at the end of the film.

Your right there, the small gestures are the best. Im a hugh Kevin Smith fan and i was goin on about not having a certain movie of his, well three actually. Came home from work and they were sitting on the table. Such a smile cuz i had not mentioned it in a while but he remembered i wwanted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

The nobody puts baby in a corner scene from Dirty Dancing.

Or the Dance in the Hibernian in Circle of Friends.

Anything where you can don a lovely dress and have a dance with a good looking bloke really.

Your right there, the small gestures are the best. Im a hugh Kevin Smith fan and i was goin on about not having a certain movie of his, well three actually. Came home from work and they were sitting on the table. Such a smile cuz i had not mentioned it in a while but he remembered i wwanted them.

thoughtfulness is so impressive. its a lovely trait in a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

cant believe no one has mentioned the scene from Love Actually yet where that guy from teachers(name??) calls to kiera knightleys characters door and plays the carol singing music and holds up the plackard thingys for her to read.

My fave film moment of ALL time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I also would like to be in the Crouching Tiger bit when yer wan is in the tea place and fighting all the men with her sword. Thatd be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭adsgirl

Any film that featured the wonderful George Peppard, and involved a sex scene with him:cool:

Advertisement