Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gave Video Downloadsd a go, playback is all garbled...

• 12-12-2007 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Anyone have this happen to them?

I downloaded a trailer last night from the new video rental thing on Xbox Live, and when I hit play, all I get is two garbled bands across the screen, one in the top half the other in the bottom.
    Downloading Demolition Man at the moment, tried playing it (coz it said I could play while it downloads) and same thing - it's like there's a codec missing or something...
    I'll put it down to teething problems, but I'm out 6 squids if this won't play for me - and I've 22.5 hrs left to watch the thing...

Anyone's video working like you'd expect?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I watched the preview of Oceans 11 and it played its just the quality wasnt the best. I put this down to just that it was a preview though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Are you running it through vga at 1280x1024 by any chance as I had the same problem but it stopped once i changed to any of the other resolutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

My xbox runs at 1920x1080 through VGA - I'll try another resolution, hope I won't have to keep changing the res every time tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

BFassassin wrote: »
    I watched the preview of Oceans 11 and it played its just the quality wasnt the best. I put this down to just that it was a preview though.
    Yeah - the previews are only low res, to keep them small and quick to buffer.

There were some initial teething problems in the States, last year where people got the wrong content or stuff didn't download fully. Looks like there may be a couple of similar things this side of the pond, too (Kotaku.com)

MS also have a Generic Help Document Here for troubleshooting Video Marketplace issues.

If all else fails, contact tech support and you may get your points back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Downloaded Training Day last night had no problems.
    I think its handy little service I like the way you only have to partially download the film then you can start watching it as it downloads its a handy little service.

slightly of topic but if anyone here has an Ipod is their any plans for a video marketplace to open in the Ireland store?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

Seems to be a resolution issue alright - changed the res to 1360x768 and it played fine.
    Pain in the ass tho, if I have to do that every time...

p.s. - Demolition Man only available in standard def and the image quality is ****e...

Advertisement