Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pantomime

Options
  • 12-12-2007 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Anyone going to a Panto this year? Is it a dying tradition?
    Has it become just something for the kids and has it lost the ability to entertain adults?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I'm going, as I know the people putting it on, the dame is a pure comic who'll have the place in stitches, and I usually enjoy it. But high class theatre it ain't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Theatrebuff

A good laugh is transends class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dizzydub

My whole family and I went to the Cheerio's panto last night in the Liberty Hall Theatre...it's was hilarious! Alan Hughes is in it and a brilliant panto dame called "da Buffy" played by Joe Conlon. My family go to this one every year but I have never been able to attend before because of work, but I'm telling you I'll be there next year. It was brilliant!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

dizzydub wrote: »
    My whole family and I went to the Cheerio's panto last night in the Liberty Hall Theatre...it's was hilarious! Alan Hughes is in it and a brilliant panto dame called "da Buffy" played by Joe Conlon. My family go to this one every year but I have never been able to attend before because of work, but I'm telling you I'll be there next year. It was brilliant!:p

Was at it myself and was at the one last year by the same people. It was absolutely fantastic I must say. Very enjoyable. I brought my seven year old daughter and her friend and they had a ball. And, it's for the kids at the end of the day I guess! Isn't it? ;)

Night was going swimmingly until muggins here was one of the "Daddies" called up to do a Spice Girls dance-along at the stage :o :eek: :o

One Word: Morto.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Us culchies are lucky as we have the local panto. This year it was The Wizard of Oz. Nothing beats watching all the local kids and the town business people up on stage taking the mick out of all the yearly goings on. Its a real community thing and is great for parents who are tired making the trek in and out of the city. Not quite the same production values but it makes up for it in imagination and spirit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Theatrebuff

I could not agree with you more. It is a community celebration, mayby even a satirical review of the year.
    What would the late Maureen Potter make of this years events - from the tearful Bertie to Martin amd Big Ian having a hearty laugh on the Ikea sofa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nikaroo

I'm hoping to go to Beauty and the Beast, if my family will still go with me. I was just looking at old panto programmes last night, oh the memories.

Advertisement