Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cz 17hmr 16" barrel

Options
  • 12-12-2007 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

What can I say but after my dad's purchase of a varmint cz 17hmr I am mightily impressed. My biggest concern is that the 20 inch barrel with a can is a bit long for "extra vehicular activity". I've seen cz 17 hmr's in varmint versions with a 16 inch barrrel. Does anybody know is this an option from CZ or is it a modified 20 inch.

Regards

Jonty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Good point there, I'm shooting a remington 597 in magnum but I am presently looking to upgrade my rifle and every where I go I struggle with the length of the barrell especially after a moderator is fitted.

The amount of times I have snagged the barrell as I'm getting out of the vehicle to go into the fields to take the shot is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Cz is made with shorter threaded barrel. AFAIK 18" is optimum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

16" and 21" versions or bring it to a smith and get it chopped make sure your within the law regarding min lengths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

is there not a legal barrel lenght for rifles that they have to be above a certain size?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

is there not a legal barrel lenght for rifles that they have to be above a certain size?

Check out the new firearms act ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dbar

Good point there, I'm shooting a remington 597 in magnum but I am presently looking to upgrade my rifle and every where I go I struggle with the length of the barrell especially after a moderator is fitted.

The amount of times I have snagged the barrell as I'm getting out of the vehicle to go into the fields to take the shot is annoying.

Was seriously considering on of these as well. What do you think of it? How is the accuracy ? Looks like a nice rifle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

Check out the new firearms act ;)
    its so damn long but ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

just get some one good to cut it ,the shorter, stiffer barrels shoot very well, i got my 243 cut to 18 inchs and it inproved ,

Advertisement