Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hdi

Options
  • 12-12-2007 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey,

There is one thing that has been getting to me lately, and I need it explained to me. Can somebody please explain to me what a HDI is. I know its diesel, but thats about it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

As far as I know it's a designation Peugeot use on some of their diesel models. I think (I'm no expert on Peugeots, mind) it uses some form of higher compression to push the fuel into the engine faster, so that they're nippy for non-turbo diesel engines. I know my uncle had a 306 HDi a long time ago and I couldn't get over how fast it took off for a small NA diesel engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

All hdi`s are turbo diesel. And class engines at that.
    They`re common rail engines. They were designed to be lighter, all moving parts were designed lighter and they can make more torque and spread it over a wide rev range.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's a brand name, just like D-4D, TDCI or CRDI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Hanson

Alrigh, thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's a brand name, just like D-4D, TDCI or CRDI.
    Yep - HDI is the chosen term used by PSA (Peugeot/Citroën) for their diesel engines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

are all HDI's common rail diesel engines?

Advertisement