Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Did anybody else see this tonight??

Options
  • 13-12-2007 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Coming home on the M50 tonight about 10.20 pm going north bound... just before the blanch exit a nissan micra started to swerve all over the road swinging violently in the fast lane. at one point the back of the car nearly hit the wall!! and a truck in the slow lane!
    All motorists copped on to this crazy somewhat idiot driver and backed off.

I was taking the blanch exit but when i last looked the car shot into a space in the slow lane in front of a truck and behind a car. space didn't look too big and the truck had to slow down. I was so shocked at this site i nearly missed my exit.

Anbody else see this idiot? it wouldn't surprise me if they were on the news tomorrow
    -another statistic. I'm no brill driver but come on now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

joyriders perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Somebody on drugs. Or having a heart attack. Or both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Hanson

Just a plain old idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

i have no idea what to make of them. they passed by me just fine. then when about 50metres or so away they started swerving like crazy. My friend and i didn't know what to make of the car!
    the fast lane was clear ahead so not as if there was any hazards ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Maybe it was some poor sod who blew out a tyre, had to pull in and is now still sitting there waiting for help...........:D

• Advertisement

well from what i could see they were indicating left... didn't appear a blow out. i though about that but when the car pulled into the left lane it continued to drive normally. some very strange drivers on these roads...

only a matter of time before they crash if they haven't already

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Nissan Micra? Probably crosswinds :p

i would love if the driver was on this and online.. to own up to what would probably have to be the worst drving i have seen in the 7months i have been on the road and i've seen some terrible driving!

congo_90 wrote: »
    i would love if the driver was on this and online.. to own up to what would probably have to be the worst drving i have seen in the 7months i have been on the road and i've seen some terrible driving!
    Probably at home now laughing at what happened - they don't even realise the damage they could have caused :mad: it drives me crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Could be anything tbh.
    My first thought was they spilled coffee on their lap.
    Hey, it's as likely as any other theory I've seen here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

it was me - i was driving home in the zone listening to adrian kennedy,in N'anyways i wasn't really paying attention to what i was doing when suddenly i realised i wa in the outside lane and me in a nissan micra-the resulting panic attack caused me to lose control of the car! :D

Luckily adrian went ot a break and i got it under control - see you on the internet posting up my business???? you need to mind yizzer own business :D

haha, can the real driver please own up? lol @ tossy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

congo for someone driving on the motorway you spent more time looking at this car - bloody rubber-necking, should be a points/fine offence in this country, particularly in rush hour.

N4 at the Spa hotel westbound on tuesday evening - Prime Example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

RAFC wrote: »
    Maybe it was some poor sod who blew out a tyre, had to pull in and is now still sitting there waiting for help...........:D

and clean underpants

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

haha, can the real driver please own up? lol @ tossy

Don't think we'll ever know what happened.

What do you want... a guy begging for forgivness ?

It was awful yes, now get over it and forget about it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Coming home on the M50 tonight about 10.20 pm going north bound...

Anbody else see this idiot? it wouldn't surprise me if they were on the news tomorrow

Yes. Everybody on boards was on the M50 last night at 10.20. :rolleyes:

So thats where I was - and I couldn't remember :cool: :D :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Slow coach wrote: »
    What? He said "ANYBODY else see this idiot?" Not EVERYBODY.

Maybe I wasn't there after all so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

DaveMcG wrote: »
    What? He said "ANYBODY else see this idiot?" Not EVERYBODY.

I know. It's just that he posts here, half-expecting anybody else from boards to be there at the same time and place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I know. It's just that he posts here, half-expecting anybody else from boards to be there at the same time and place.

Is he not entitled to ask a simple question? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Damn , I missed it by an hours. I was heading that direction an hour after you.

Maybe he was trying to do some crazy arab drifting???!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Let me get this straight, someone driving like as a**hole and not in a SUV :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Dan_B wrote: »
    Let me get this straight, someone driving like as a**hole and not in a SUV :eek:

If somebody tried that in an SUV they would topple over :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

OP - you say you've been driving 7 months... How did you manage to get your full licence so quickly? I thought there was a big delay...

I am assuming you have your full licence, what with you driving on a motorway and criticising another driver... nearly missing your own exit is a little worrying...

High&Low wrote: »
    OP - you say you've been driving 7 months... How did you manage to get your full licence so quickly? I thought there was a big delay...

I am assuming you have your full licence, what with you driving on a motorway and criticising another driver... nearly missing your own exit is a little worrying...
    Good point High&Low, I applied for my test last Feb and only did it on a cancellation 2 weeks ago (9 months later).

Oh yeah and I :cool: PASSED :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Maybe they nodded of at the wheel there are a lot of people out there driving fatigued. Which is very dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Furp wrote: »
    Maybe they nodded of at the wheel there are a lot of people out there driving fatigued. Which is very dangerous.

God I remember getting an early morning taxi ride to the airport before and the taxi driver kept falling asleep at the wheel. Kept drifting into the hard shoulder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I don't think I was, to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jesus lads , 30 replies and no one has pointed out that there no such thing as fast and slow lanes.

you people are slipping. lucky I came home when I did. :)

@ OP "fast" lane = Overtaking / outside lane, "slow" lane = driving/inside lane.

Advertisement