Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen price? / selling Megane coupe in buy&sell?

Options
  • 13-12-2007 2:32am

Hi Guys

I know you've all helped me a lot in the past, so chancing my arm again to see if you can help this time!

Car: Megane Coupe E 1997 1.6 gonna try get rid of it soon.

Firstly, have a crack in the windscreen, has been there months, its half way over, so bigger than a 50c coin :p so will need to be replaced - Any rough ideas on the cost?

Secondly, I noticed an add in the buy and sell, someone looking to put cars from 1994-2001, "anything considered" - Anyone ever sold a car to these guys before?

Realistically, its a good car, but its old and bodywork could be better, so only looking for 1000 ONO for it, so its not really worth my while getting it too fixed up.

Cheers guys!

:D Spy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

Would your insurance not cover the cost of the replacement windscreen, you are allowed a free windscreen replacement with most policys these days without it affecting your policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

(1) most breakers yards have windsreens starting at as little as 50 euro ( excluding fitting ofcourse which is around 50 euro more )

(2) foot path car dealers use carzone.ie , buy&sell etc for shifting dodgy cars.

Nah, unfortunatly I dont have windscreen cover or comp.

Thanks S.I.R...thats cool...what about if I went new, like from a windscreen company?

And, feck it, I honestly wouldnt mind selling to someone dodgy, as long as I got rid of it!

Spy. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

I recenlty got my windscreen replaced (large crack going through it)

I think it cost around €234 (i only glanced at the bill as it was covered by my insurance)

Hope it helps!

Thanks Triangle....really does help !

Mine has a large crack covering half the windscreen, but €234 isnt bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Sorry - i must have seen the number somewhere else.
    I just went and got the documentation from the windscreen replacement and there's no amount on it..

So €234 isn't right.

Advertisement