Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need expert help...

Options
  • 13-12-2007 5:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey guys,
    I would really appreciate it if someone here could help me out in finding out the name for a comic!
    I read it when I was young, I can visualize it in my head but for some reason, the name escaped me completely.

It was published by 1995, so it's not recent. It's set in space and the hero is this guy (adult man - blond, if it helps) who is actually a machine from the inside but it covered with skin and flesh on the outside, he looks completely human with eyes and brows and nails. He's sort of like a terminator type cyborg. He is designed by a scientist who is short, fat, bold, and wears glasses.

The tone of that comic series is comedic at times but there are also scientific explanations provided in yellow boxes on the sides (as opposed to the usual speech bubbles) as the adventures progress, which I think sets it apart from the rest.

I remember in one of the episodes, there is a volcano which has unexpectedely erupted and he, along with the scientist, go there to investigate. He ends up plunging down the volcano lava and dicovering a bunch of aliens at the bottom of the volcano, they have a submarine...

Please, if anybody has the remotest idea of what I'm talking about, please reply andhelp me figure this out... it's an amazing comic and I'd love to buy it or at least read it again...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement