Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses on Sat night from Ashford to Wicklow?

Options
  • 13-12-2007 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

As the title says, I'm looking for a bus that goes from Ashford to Wicklow (and back) on Saturday nights. Normally my girlfriend is the driver so she doesn't get to drink. I know of the Bus Eireann buses that do it (the 133N), but I'm not sure if they actually drop off in Ashford on the way back.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Aquitaine

i would say you are better off getting a taxi. the 133n probably does stop in ashford but i think there is a standard fare of €10 on those services. i might be wrong though so maybe give bus eireann a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Aquitaine wrote: »
    i would say you are better off getting a taxi. the 133n probably does stop in ashford but i think there is a standard fare of €10 on those services. i might be wrong though so maybe give bus eireann a ring

Nope, your right there. Its €10, and will stop off in Ashford. It would work out cheaper to get a taxi, as it only costs a tenner anyway, so that'd be €5 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Slighty off topic, Is there any Taxi companies that work into the early hours of the morning at the weekends in the Wicklow town area.
    Was looking to get a cab on Sunday morning around 6am after the Hatton fight but no answer in the firms we tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭maco

To answer your question I think they will stop at Ashford if you are willing to pay 10€, . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Batesy wrote: »
    Slighty off topic, Is there any Taxi companies that work into the early hours of the morning at the weekends in the Wicklow town area.
    Was looking to get a cab on Sunday morning around 6am after the Hatton fight but no answer in the firms we tried.

you prob would have had to book one beforehand to make sure you got one. A lot, if not all, taxi places would be closed by that hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

best off getting a taxi tbh

Advertisement