Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CCTV - Advice

• 13-12-2007 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hi,

For anyone who knows about CCTV, I've a system which is approx 6 years old.

3 cameras, black and white picture, relatively good quality (may just need adjustment & cleaning)

1 VHS Recorder which can obviously only record 24 hours at a time.

Is it possible to just replace the VHS with a DVR to give me more recording options? Will new cabling be required or will it just (hopefully) be a matter of out with the old and in with the new?

The plan is to slowly upgrade the whole system as funding isn't immediately available for the whole lot at the one time.

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Hoagy

The cameras should have their own power supplies, so it's just a matter of buying a 4 channel dvr and swapping over the bnc plugs.
    If you know any electrical wholesaler they should be able to get you one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

www.rfconcepts.co.uk I have got a few off them and they seem to be good value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

when getting a dvr make sure you also get an anti surge socket. any elec wholesalers would have one. they can be prone to damage from power spikes which usually damages the power supply. this was the case with a few that i installed and we just replaced the psu and we used belkin anti-surge 4 gang trailing socket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You could try this.

Im thinking of getting a kit like this one which includes that dvr (internet enabled).

Just for the my home, but in conjunction with the HKC alarm with dialler im getting, it will be complete peace of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Thanks for responses thus far.

Does anyone have any experience with wireless cameras? Will they work out being much more expensive as compared to running 20m + of cabling to an outside camera?

I've never seen the picture on one so I don't know what the quality is like either.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement