Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burnout - Paradise: Demo on xbox live

• 13-12-2007 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all

Burnout Paradise Demo is now available for download, just a heads up for all you fanatical arcade racers. Anyone have it downloaded, what do you think apparently its a pretty comprehensive demo to keep you entertained.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Cool, when's this out? Is it coming to the PS2 as well or is this going to be more "next gen"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Might give it a whirl later, they're going to have to do some drastically awesome to pull the sinking franchise from the sewers

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Not coming to the PS2, but I'm not wasting to me time with this "Burnout goes Need For Speed" bollocks. They've removed the crash-breaker and Burnout isn't Burnout without it.

What's crash-breaker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jayteecork wrote: »
    Not coming to the PS2, but I'm not wasting to me time with this "Burnout goes Need For Speed" bollocks. They've removed the crash-breaker and Burnout isn't Burnout without it.

How u know? You play the full game? In the last one I think the demo wouldnt let ya play it either?

• Advertisement

No, there's no crash mode whatsover on Burnout Paradise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Good old Burnout, one of those games where the brain is switched off and cause havoc :cool:

Not bought one since 3 though

I remember playing Burnout 3 on PS2 and though it was the next gen already, looked bloody incredible.
    Stayed awake all night to get gold medals on every crash level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭spooner_src

Hi all,

The demo is pretty cool, there are 3 races in it, one car, big area to race around and online play up to 4 people as far as I can tell. There will be crash but not like we know it from the previous games. There will not be specific intersections etc built for crash events but you will be able to barrel your way through traffic like in crash. check out xbox360.ign.com for more details.

enjoy

What a guy on another forum said about the free-roaming aspect;

"Its like what they did with Tony Hawk when they ran out of ideas."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

grizzly wrote: »
    What a guy on another forum said about the free-roaming aspect;

"Its like what they did with Tony Hawk when they ran out of ideas."

Yeah thats it exactly and its becoming very common in video games.

When they realise they have no clue what to do with the story line or how to include new features in game then they become sandbox games!

Its sad because they usually end up crap as they weren't designed to be sandbox games in the first place.

Come to think of it, there are very few good sandbox games.

brim4brim wrote: »
    Come to think of it, there are very few good sandbox games.

Crackdown?

But yeah, most games that go sandbox just mean more boring traveling to the next part of the "game".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah, would much rather level format like other burnouts! These city maps tend to make the actually tracks a little less impressive, feels too much like need for speed. I'm a huge fan of the Burnout series, I hope they haven't ruined it! Pleyed all the others and got gold all the way, played one level hours on end just to do it... just the kinda guy i am. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭MiloFoxburr

Gave it a go this morning. It really didn't impress me much but I think its mainly because every traffic light I got to said the event was locked.. Finally found a race and came first which was cool and all. The controls are neat.

Not looking forward to showtime looks boring compared to the old crash modes.

I hate games with no menus though my idea of fun isn't driving half way across a huge city just to play one race and by the sounds of things to restart a race you have to pull over wait for it to time you out and then drive back to the traffic light again.. No quick restart.

Still I want it lol Mainly for the online aspect of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

No, there's no crash mode whatsover on Burnout Paradise.

good,they were the worst part of the game

Helix wrote: »
    good,they were the worst part of the game

Phillistine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Julez wrote: »
    Yeah, would much rather level format like other burnouts! These city maps tend to make the actually tracks a little less impressive, feels too much like need for speed. I'm a huge fan of the Burnout series, I hope they haven't ruined it! Pleyed all the others and got gold all the way, played one level hours on end just to do it... just the kinda guy i am. :(

Bring up the map and cast your eyes west and you'll see what looks like big long streches of road through mountains and countryside. Thats where the real fun part of this game will be I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Phillistine

they were annoying as hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Had a quick go earlier, burned around for a while and found a race, then managed to go off course after 20 seconds... Couldn't be arsed finding my way back to the start point, so I just went back to playing Assassin's Creed...
    I can see the lack of a restart option being a MAJOR pain in the ass in the full game.

Tried downloading it from the PS3 store to get a bit of an idea about which version is better, but was only at 7% after 20 mins... It's times like this that you don't mind paying for xbox live:p

been going through most of the Xbox live arcade demos and they're bollocks.
    I hate demos. I was just getting into Castlevania: SOTN and it resets.
    Wish Microsoft would hurry processing my 10 free xbox live games.
    Can't wait to play Street Fighter 2 over the net, I was invincible in my day as Ryu.
    My defence/counter attack style couldn't be toppled!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

tman wrote: »
    Tried downloading it from the PS3 store to get a bit of an idea about which version is better, but was only at 7% after 20 mins... It's times like this that you don't mind paying for xbox live:p

Downloaded the PS3 demo earlier very quickly.......faster than the 360 demo this morning anyway..
    Will have to take a closer look between the two for graphic differences, but on the face of it, the 360 version may need a bit more optimisation before launch..
    The little hitches in framerate in the 360 version (while not too bad, they are very noticable) when handbraking at high speed in a busy scene don't appear to be present in the PS3 demo (which has rumble support with the DS3).......perhaps an overhead with the 360 scaling to 1080p, perhaps not, but both versions certainly have the look of "under HD" anyway..
    Not sold on the game either as of yet, but I was never the biggest fan of the series anyhow..

Hmmm... Could just be a problem with my wireless connection then, or maybe the PSN was just busier when I tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Are you in the EU store Tman ?......Sometimes the US store can be a bit on the slow side this time of night

Nope, I still haven't gotten around to setting up access to the US/Jap stores.
    I'd say that it's just a problem at my end, I had to re-download Warhawk recently and that took forever..
    This is going way off topic anyway, I'll see if it's any faster tomorrow night...

Advertisement