Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finally got box from DHL for return....

• 13-12-2007 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

It took them just one full YEAR!

No kidding, an empty box arrived at house and I had no clue what it was for, the shipping labels for the repair centre. I was at a loss until I remembered that last year my Premium got three red lights, the repair centre couldn't get my address right and after a week of trying I simply returned it to the local gamestop for an instant replacement. I completely forgot all about it then, but sure enough exactly one year later, this empty box has arrived. :D

So is this the Longest that any person has had to wait or what?

:D
    Howard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

hshortt wrote: »
    It took them just one full YEAR!

No kidding, an empty box arrived at house and I had no clue what it was for, the shipping labels for the repair centre. I was at a loss until I remembered that last year my Premium got three red lights, the repair centre couldn't get my address right and after a week of trying I simply returned it to the local gamestop for an instant replacement. I completely forgot all about it then, but sure enough exactly one year later, this empty box has arrived. :D

So is this the Longest that any person has had to wait or what?

:D
    Howard

That's especially great considering they've since changed to UPS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

quad_red wrote: »

So its obviously been sitting in a DHL warehouse for a looooooooooong time. Kudos Dhl, on a job well done. Or maybe a DHL employee suffered a Chuck Noland/FedEx style plane crash and he's fullfilling his year long struggle to get the package to its owner. :)

It's probably done a world tour and been more places than we'll ever be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Does it not at least make ya feel a tad better Quad;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Send something back in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

DHL are notorious for leaving packages gather dust in their warehouse. You were lucky to get it at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

quad_red wrote: »

I rang MS to get my console picked up a month or so back, and it was DHL they were sending to get it from me. DHL never showed up, so I eventually managed to get UPS to collect it.

As for this story, MS probably entered the wrong year on the order - if it is exactly one year late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I'd be tempted to get it collected with something in it alright, could be a lot of fun! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

But somethign nice and heavy in it. AN old fridge maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

fill the box with lead and rotten fish and send it to them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Have you got a tracking number, Track what countries the box has be in :)

A-Trak wrote: »
    Does it not at least make ya feel a tad better Quad;)

:)

Oh yeah, as I peer out at this murky gray day, I get great solace knowing that my 360 is driving along the beach road somewhere, the wind rustling through shipping labels, the sun warming it's innards and melting whatever half assed badly designed piece of electronics that failed in the first place, back into position.

Advertisement