Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotten Hope 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

might not revive bf2 but it will get me reinstalling it to try it out :) looks very nice indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Yeah it will deffo get big numbers playing, at least initially. I have a feeling this mod will be top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Been looking forward to this for ages ! the amount of content they pumped into the 1942 version was great ! hopefully they do the same with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

/me looks for bf2 disk and laughs at joe muahahahaha

Grim that was evil, i lol'd though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Project reality is fairly good.. I faded out of bf2 when ye lads went and played ET and got into the xbox.. now I installed bf2 again and decided to get a mod, I got project reality and its pretty good.. No one plays it though lol Mainly Americans!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

dazftw wrote: »
    Mainly Americans!

/me Shudders

You faded out of BF2 long before we did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Nah man what happened was I stopped playing for awhile came back and all the news about the new clan was up and it was based on ET so I just didn't do anything and lost interest I understand what you mean though!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Faylum

I would play it again only its so hard to control anything in first person when you've been playing WoW for near 3 years. Tryed playing BF2 a few months ago but was just too hard, kept looking for the 3D version of me button.
    Tis a shame they took so long to create this as a mod instead they should have just made it a game and so bringing more people to the game aswell as those that were waiting upon its arrival! About 3 years ago i was waiting for this game but after making me wait that long i dont think its worth playing!
    Altho if they make a pirate BF2 like the one for bf1942 i shall be back!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Faylum wrote: »
    I would play it again only its so hard to control anything in first person when you've been playing WoW for near 3 years. Tryed playing BF2 a few months ago but was just too hard, kept looking for the 3D version of me button.
    Tis a shame they took so long to create this as a mod instead they should have just made it a game and so bringing more people to the game aswell as those that were waiting upon its arrival! About 3 years ago i was waiting for this game but after making me wait that long i dont think its worth playing!
    Altho if they make a pirate BF2 like the one for bf1942 i shall be back!!!

They have. Wb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

quite impressed with FH2, its just so damn polished. Only problem is, as always when a new mod is out. All the servers seem intent on running 64 player maps. So the flags are really far apart. So make sure you join a packed server.

We found it the same. Mod is really polished, nice to look at etc. The maps are massive, with nothing happening for ages. I was finding myself having to use Binocs to scan the map for other players and then trying to shoot them way in the distance. A few times I found players through my binocs and they where looking at me with theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Some of the tank battles I've had are class, although one map I can't remember the name of is a little unbalanced. There are mine fields and two maps the Axis have to take before moving on to the ones behind, the allies get two light tanks and a crusader while the Axis get at least 5 light-medium tanks. Other than that its a pretty good mod and going by the 1942 forgotten hope we should be seeing loads of new material in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Anyone else having with lag on this. BF2142 run's fine on my laptop but this just seems to lag I tried 3 different servers and then gave up. The pings seem alright 40 ish.

EDIT must be something up with my laptop BF2142 is running like crap now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Hmmm... currently playing Battlegroud Europe - must have a look at this mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I've been playing this mod too and find it's got lots of potential but is very flawed at the same time.
    There's a serious amount of lag on every server I've played and I know it's not my connection.
    Like others have stated the maps can be very empty at times and you find yourself looking in your binocs every so ofen scanning the horizon for other people.

Also although realistic it is very difficult to tell apart the two sides which causes a serious amount of TK'ing by noobs.
    Also some of the views from within the vehicals are useless. Surely nobody driving a halftrack looks at window slit ? They'd be looking though it I'd think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

This isn't a BF2 mod though is it? Wrong forum methinks....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Also although realistic it is very difficult to tell apart the two sides which causes a serious amount of TK'ing by noobs.
    And even by non noobs. I've been guilty of picking off a team mate in the distance, if they're near the enemy flag or running towards me.
    Also some of the views from within the vehicals are useless. Surely nobody driving a halftrack looks at window slit ? They'd be looking though it I'd think :)
    Yea not a fan of the slit view on some of the vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

MayoForSam wrote: »
    This isn't a BF2 mod though is it? Wrong forum methinks....

Yes indeed it is :)

• Advertisement

Anyone know in FH2 if it's possible to adjust the range on the tank and artillery sights?

You can press 'x' to get a scoped view. Is this what you mean?

No... Take the german tanks for example, if I want to shoot at something far in the distance, I will raise the middle triangle somewhat above the target. In reality, a gunner would have estimated the distance to the target and adjusted the gunsight to that range. This effectively lowered the gunsight - so if you judged the distance correctly, you would place the triangle directly on the target.

The advantage would be, once you ranged the target correctly, your gunsight would be centered and you could just keep pounding it untill killed!

No, i don't think the BF2 engine allowed for range adjustment. So I doubt the mod could handle it either. But yea, range would make it a bit easier alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

What about the planes. I find it so difficult and annoying without the nose cam. It's more realistic or whatever, but its crap imo.

Advertisement