Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel's military targeting policies

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I guess it's going to get rather quiet round here without our resident neocon.

Pity, he's such a well spoken young man. Thoughtful, compassionate, with a real sense of not just how things actually are, but how they should be in the utopian society towards which we all strive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

obvously a bit late joining this thread but
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2763,1643573,00.html

and
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/697464.html
    and
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/645818.html

for people who don't like the wooly guardian.

I don't think the even the Blairs in England would be compensating the guys who shot De Mendes.....

This is truly shocking stuff. read the radio transcript in the guardian story. then say Israel never targets innocent civilians.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

That has just set me off for the day.
    Dare i say Israel is nothing but America's little B*tch of a sister.

If that was an Israeli child shot, we could be looking at another war.

What really got me going when the last war was on, when i was in New York at the time, the newspapers only reported the death of israeli soldiers during the war, i remember reading in reuters that the israelies had blown up a school at the time killing i think 12 kids and the newspapers never ran the story at all. I actually got so mad i wrote a lteer to the new york (jewish) times. Needless to say i didnt get a response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Tellox wrote: »
    I think Spaced Out is a pretty cool guy, Eh got himself banned by being a dip**** and doesn't afraid of anything.

He has shown his true colours, and someone not to be taken seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Captain "R" will receive NIS 80,000 in compensation from the state in addition to reimbursement for NIS 2,000 of legal expenses, as part of an arrangement reached between his lawyers and the military prosecution.

So he is getting compensation for killing a young girl? Really shows Isreal up for what it is. In any normal country he would be getting life in prison.
    And Bush over there talking about the dangers of nuclear weapons with a counrty who has a stockpile of hidden nuclear weapons. The whole thing is a sick joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

obvously a bit late joining this thread but
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2763,1643573,00.html

and
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/697464.html
    and
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/645818.html

for people who don't like the wooly guardian.

I don't think the even the Blairs in England would be compensating the guys who shot De Mendes.....

This is truly shocking stuff. read the radio transcript in the guardian story. then say Israel never targets innocent civilians.

I think there is a big myth built up about the IDF invulnerability and about them being a disciplined force.

They are clueless about who is targetting them - scared ****less and in an enviornment of religious hatred where anything they do will be forgiven and they will never ever be punished when the victim is a non jew.

If those soldiers mistook a jewish child and did that they would get life in prison the next day. Religious hatred of non jews is a factor in how the Idf behave.

At the same time dont forget there have been israeli soldiers who have refused - I can remember some Israeli air force members who refused to fire on civilian targets about a year or so ago. So its as much the enviornment and culture of the idf as the individual soldiers to blame. imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭heirenach

Nobody deserves to die as nobody deserves to be occuppied. US and UK are good at destroying countries ,but not much good at rebuilding them.Jews are the best enterprenaurs of the earth. In every country in the west and Africa they trade in raw materials,and in the sale of oil,arms and legal drugs they control others in the east. They are united,not just in faith but in their so called homeland Israel.It gives them identity to where they came from.the one and only chosen people.And will defend Israel at any cost, even if it means exterminating the palistinians to do so.Have they not learned a lesson from the holocaust.On leaving Egypt did the chosen people not exterminate the Caanites to acquire the chosen land. On crossing the red sea if Moses had turned right ,they would have got the oil fields instead of the orange fields and left the palistinans alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

And they are at it again.:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

heirenach wrote: »
    Nobody deserves to die as nobody deserves to be occuppied. US and UK are good at destroying countries ,but not much good at rebuilding them.Jews are the best enterprenaurs of the earth. In every country in the west and Africa they trade in raw materials,and in the sale of oil,arms and legal drugs they control others in the east. They are united,not just in faith but in their so called homeland Israel.It gives them identity to where they came from.the one and only chosen people.And will defend Israel at any cost, even if it means exterminating the palistinians to do so.Have they not learned a lesson from the holocaust.On leaving Egypt did the chosen people not exterminate the Caanites to acquire the chosen land. On crossing the red sea if Moses had turned right ,they would have got the oil fields instead of the orange fields and left the palistinans alone.

I'm surprised that the remarks in this unbelievable diatribe of hate have gone unnoticed, and uncommented upon.

Advertisement